PDA

View Full Version : Downhill MTB this weekend!

Hawk
09-01-2009, 09:01 AM
So does anybody know with the Act 250 permit they have obtained, was there any provisions for new mountain bike trails? Also have they worked on any new trails that did not require a permit?

I will be up this weedend and will be on the hill. Anybody else?

TreeBandit
09-01-2009, 03:04 PM
I will be up this weekend. I hope to get out on my MTB at least one day.

Hawk
09-08-2009, 06:57 AM
I down hilled Friday, Saturday and Sunday and the conditions were dry and the mountain was in excellent shape. They did a ton of work on the trails to fix any rough spots caused by the rain. Overall the trails faired very well because of all the drainage that was put in place earlier this year. Great job guys!

If you are into down hilled adrenaline then I suggest coming up and trying this out. Rent the bike and the pads though. It is fairly technical and there are very few easy ways down.

Lostone
09-08-2009, 07:47 AM
It is fairly technical and there are very few easy ways down.

Which is one of the reasons I played disc golf all three of those days. :wink: But there were a lot of people biking, too.
What a great weekend to be out on the mountain! And the colors are beginning to change. 8)

Lost my first disc, this weekend. :cry:

Found 2 while I was looking for it, but it just wanted to stay hidden. Found another, later. so for those that accuse me of littering (You know who you are! :lol: ) I consider it more like dropping something, while I'm picking up someone else's litter. 8)

Hawk
09-08-2009, 11:55 AM
It is fairly technical and there are very few easy ways down.

Which is one of the reasons I played disc golf all three of those days. :wink: But there were a lot of people biking, too.
What a great weekend to be out on the mountain! And the colors are beginning to change. 8)

Lost my first disc, this weekend. :cry:

Found 2 while I was looking for it, but it just wanted to stay hidden. Found another, later. so for those that accuse me of littering (You know who you are! :lol: ) I consider it more like dropping something, while I'm picking up someone else's litter. 8)

I saw you on the hill on Sunday. Man there were alot of people at the mountain and around this weekend. They had a wedding and the Vermont Stage Race was happening and the craft fair. All good for the mountain.

ski_resort_observer
09-08-2009, 02:28 PM
Since we sell all the activity tiks and season passes in the gear shop Sunday was the busiest day of the summer. You wouldn't believe the number of people who did the zipline. If the weather cooperates Community Day is usually a very busy day as well. As you mentioned, add in the nearly 1000 bikers and their friends/families and you have a pretty crowded parking lot.