08-27-2009, 04:07 PM
http://www.skiersedge.com/

Anyone ever use one? Like it?

Alternatives?

Seems a bit pricy.

Thanks

skigal
08-27-2009, 09:28 PM
My old gym had one and it was Ok as a supplement to other things but 20 minutes a day on it wasn't going to transform my skiing like they advertise. It works some different muscles than a bike or treadmill but I think you're better off running and biking with added strength, flexibility and plyometric exercises. Standard stuff.

Hawk
08-28-2009, 08:23 AM
We had one at work. It's kind of gimmicky if you ask me. If you are a decent skier it does very little.

My PT guy had me hold a 10 lbs dumb bell in each hand, bend my knees and jump side to side landing on one foot at a time. As I got stronger he put a small hurdle that I jumped over. It definitely is a strength and agility exercise and works very well for training.

Lostone
08-28-2009, 10:01 AM
So... You're the guy with the really heavy poles? :lol:

Brew Ski
08-29-2009, 07:57 AM
So that is why Hawk can turn the toughest mogul runs into a smooth cruise. All that advanced training is kinda cheating, isn't it?

I see this contraption every year at the snow sports expo, it looks like it should help develop some stamina at least. But I've never heard anyone ever mention using them. I've never seen one in a gym before either.

This spring they had a deal where you get to try it for free all summer and if your skiing isn't improved in the start of ski season you can return it free. While I'm sure there was a "catch" Mrs. Brewski said "no, way! It'll take up too much space!"

I guess I should find Hawk's PT guy!