PDA

View Full Version : Powder days at the beach this weekend.

vonski
08-22-2009, 08:00 AM
So, is anyone hitting the beach for some intense Body surfing this weekend? To me big waves is like a POW day. I hit Narraganesett in Rhode Island. Flat beach and up the bay a little bit so the waves just roll in nice and don't lip over and slam u into the ground as bad as the other beaches. Can't wait to hit them up. 4-6 footers right now according to the report. Those will be getting bigger. 8 footers are about the max for me with out a board.

Lostone
08-22-2009, 08:28 AM
Moved to Misc.

vonski
08-22-2009, 08:42 PM
thats okay, figured it might get moved. And funny as it is too much of a good thing is a bad thing with the surf. Waves too big they closed the beach! :x But I did not make the drive found out from a friend. May just go check them out tomorrow as they may be 15 ft. or bigger.

Lostone
08-22-2009, 08:55 PM
Heard that many beaches were closed, and thought of your post. They were saying there were rip tide dangers.

But if you do go tomorrow, take a run for me, but not one where you bottom out on the beach. :wink:

djd66
08-24-2009, 03:20 PM
My wife loves the beach - maybe as much as I like a good powder day. When I go to the beach with her and it is 90 w/ a blue sky we call it a powder day.

Hawk
08-25-2009, 07:49 AM
I did a road bike ride on Sat. along the MA coast. Beverly, Manchester-By-the Sea, Magnolia, Gloucester. The waves were HUGE between 10 and 20 feet. That is the biggest. I have seen since the no-named storm (Perfect Storm) and Hurricane Bob. It was sad to hear about the death of the 7 yo in Maine. Mother Nature is very unpredictable.