PDA

View Full Version : Winter 09-10 Predictions

Yard Sale
08-04-2009, 06:49 AM
Since the mid summer doldrums seemed to have sparked flights of fancy (ala the 15 mil thread), delaying the start of my work this morning I Googled this tidbit below. I'm hoping this fuels some of the more accomplished weather bugs on this board to get their oija boards fired up abnd substantiate by belief that this winter is goig to be flush with dumpage. And Noski, respectfully, last year was nice, but I hope that you've been shopping for yet another bigger bucket for your annual autumnal computations.

Snow dancin' in flip flops. Happy August everyone.

YS

"According to AccuWeather.com's Chief Meteorologist and Expert Long Range Forecaster Joe Bastardi, cooler-than-normal weather this summer in the Northeast could point to a cold, snowy winter for the Northeast and mid-Atlantic states. He says the heart of winter will be centered over the area from Boston to Washington, D.C.

The areas that will be hit hardest this winter by cold, snowy weather will be from New England through the Appalachians and mid-Atlantic, including North Carolina. Areas from New York City to Raleigh have gotten by the past two years with very little snowfall. This year these areas could end up with above-normal snowfall."

HowieT2
08-04-2009, 12:00 PM
FWIW-On the weather board I troll around, JB is a running joke. His predictions are seen as being tailored to what the paying audience wants to hear.

summitchallenger
08-04-2009, 01:40 PM
...the same day AccuWeather ran that story they ran another one stating that El Nino would be strong this year. In essence, they contradicted themselves.

Hawk
08-05-2009, 06:18 AM
I'm into the law of averages. Last year was Ok or middle of the road. So this year......Dumpage! :wink:

smootharc
08-05-2009, 09:22 AM
....isn't it still mud and margarita season ?

:D

But, as long as I'm here, I would like to upgrade the dumpage prediction to "huge, ridonculous, once-in-a-decade super dumpage", if that's okay. Now, back to my regularly scheduled summer.....

Brew Ski
08-06-2009, 11:23 AM
Hey Smootharc,

Is it ever not margarita season???

With all that predicted snow, better start working hard at Pilates. We'll need abs of steel for pounding through all that Pow!

smootharc
08-06-2009, 01:43 PM
Hey Smootharc,

Is it ever not margarita season???

With all that predicted snow, better start working hard at Pilates. We'll need abs of steel for pounding through all that Pow!

....well underway. I'm just hoping my new strong core can compensate for my eternally weak mind ! :lol:

ManyTurns
08-06-2009, 06:50 PM
I've been gone the last couple of winters... that's why the winters have been great.

However, I'm returning to New England in September. I've already ordered my season's pass.

Sadly, that means this winter will likely be merely average.

HowieT2
08-06-2009, 07:20 PM
I've been gone the last couple of winters... that's why the winters have been great.

However, I'm returning to New England in September. I've already ordered my season's pass.

Sadly, that means this winter will likely be merely average.

go away!

Brew Ski
08-06-2009, 07:46 PM
Yea, What Howie said,...

Actually, welcome back. Just don't get in line in front of me on a powder day. Tenure, you know!

Hawk will let you in front of him.

Definitely cut in front of Barkbiter. It will be the best free entertainment the rest of us can have!!!!

Yard Sale
08-07-2009, 09:44 AM
Yea, What Howie said,...

Actually, welcome back. Just don't get in line in front of me on a powder day. Tenure, you know!

Hawk will let you in front of him.

Definitely cut in front of Barkbiter. It will be the best free entertainment the rest of us can have!!!!

Nevermind personal animosity. (Besides I think BB kind of likes it.) Anyway, please refrain from making any reference to line cutting, cutsies, no cutsies, etc. :shock:

That miserable rabbit hole is particularly rancorous and knows no bottom. :roll: