PDA

View Full Version : 15 million to spend on the Bush!!!

vonski
07-29-2009, 01:51 PM
If you had to spend 15 million on the mountain, what would u spend it on? And it can't be on buildings the foreigners are spending their money on that!!!

I would personally like to see the heaven's gate triple replaced and extended to the point where Jester comes into lower Downspout just above the Castle rock lift entrance. A high speed lift or Gondola. This would allow better access to the lift off of Bravo.

I would also like to see the area above Inverness developed. Even a surface lift would be good or put the heavens gate triple in over there. No cutting of more than two trails and the rest woods.

I would also improve snow making system with more capacity.

Oh yeah this is just for fun, not argument.

Hawk
07-30-2009, 06:47 AM
If you had to spend 15 million on the mountain, what would u spend it on? And it can't be on buildings the foreigners are spending their money on that!!!

I would personally like to see the heaven's gate triple replaced and extended to the point where Jester comes into lower Downspout just above the Castle rock lift entrance. A high speed lift or Gondola. This would allow better access to the lift off of Bravo.

I would also like to see the area above Inverness developed. Even a surface lift would be good or put the heavens gate triple in over there. No cutting of more than two trails and the rest woods.

I would also improve snow making system with more capacity.

Oh yeah this is just for fun, not argument.

Von, you know you are going to get critiqued on most of your post. Right? :wink: I would say that your list would cost at least 15MM.

Me, I would like to see the VH lift replaced and brought down to the bottom and the off loading area fixed at the top. Also the snowmaking upgrades are desperately needed.

vonski
07-30-2009, 08:25 AM
of course if they want to critque that is fine. This is merely a wish list though. and I have no idea what my 15 million might buy. Just dreaming of hitting powerball.

Hawk
07-30-2009, 08:44 AM
I hear you. If I hit power ball I would buy the top floor at the Claybrook and convert it into one big unit.

vonski
07-30-2009, 09:39 AM
i would buy the white elephant and tie die it. LOLOl!

HowieT2
07-30-2009, 11:38 AM
Putting money aside this is what I would love to see. An inverness pod connecting to Mad River. No new trails only tree skiing.

Don't really care so much about improvements to snow making. It seemed to me last season that the complaints regarding snow making were more about decisions management made rather than physical limitations (failure to make snow on NL while blowing on Steins for days on end). Still don't understand the logic there.

Expanded on mtn food service. This could take various forms such as expanding the size of Alyn's, food in the CR warming hut or the one by the HG lift (expanded, of course), or a new lodge either at the GH/SBX/NL area or at the summit. This would be cool and relieve overcrowding at the gatehouse. Which ties into replacing the Valley house double with a faster triple that extends down to the base (necessitating the removal of the Valley house). Replacing the VH lift is long overdue as it's only a matter of time before someone is seriously injured at the terminus junction mess.

FWIW-we were with friends at Windham last weekend and the mtn has a private club at the base with lockers and concierge. The cost is something like 2k/year per family plus an initiation bond of around 20k. Price seems a little steep for my pocketbook and not sure how I feel about it philosophically. But it would be nice to have a place to change, store gear and not have to fear anything would be stolen.

Hawk
07-30-2009, 12:06 PM
i would buy the white elephant and tie die it. LOLOl!

Im a hippie of sorts so Tie-die is fine. Just not pink. :wink:

Hawk
07-30-2009, 12:26 PM
Don't really care so much about improvements to snow making. It seemed to me last season that the complaints regarding snow making were more about decisions management made rather than physical limitations (failure to make snow on NL while blowing on Steins for days on end). Still don't understand the logic there.

That is not true Howie. SB has a very old and quite outdated snowmaking system. (except for the Hi-tech guns) In fact, due to the age and lack of upgrades it continues to spring leaks in the air and water systems that decrease it's capabilities. You only have to look at a couple of places that really blow snow to see the difference. At Sunday River, Killington or Attitash they can blow 3 loops at one time. Picture being able to open Spring Fling-VH Travers-Downspout, Jester-Ripchord and Waterfall-Birch-Sunrise-Pushover all at once at the beginning of the season. How about after a wet weather event and freeze. Recovery would be in 2 to 3 days not weeks. Just sayin......

HowieT2
07-30-2009, 12:34 PM

That is not true Howie. SB has a very old and quite outdated snowmaking system. (except for the Hi-tech guns) In fact, due to the age and lack of upgrades it continues to spring leaks in the air and water systems that decrease it's capabilities. You only have to look at a couple of places that really blow snow to see the difference. At Sunday River, Killington or Attitash they can blow 3 loops at one time. Picture being able to open Spring Fling-VH Travers-Downspout, Jester-Ripchord and Waterfall-Birch-Sunrise-Pushover all at once at the beginning of the season. How about after a wet weather event and freeze. Recovery would be in 2 to 3 days not weeks. Just sayin......

I don't disagree with you, but for me the biggest complaint I had last season was NL being closed for so long and my understanding was that they chose not to blow snow there when they could have.

Hawk
07-30-2009, 12:42 PM

I don't disagree with you, but for me the biggest complaint I had last season was NL being closed for so long and my understanding was that they chose not to blow snow there when they could have.

That's the point. They can only blow one trail at a time at SB. If they had more capacity they could blow more trails at the same time. Then the order in which they blew snow on trails would be a non-issue. :wink:

vonski
07-30-2009, 12:44 PM
when it comes to snow making I think we have been spoiled by the last three years of natural snow. I am more looking at some higher volt electric installed on the hill so some FAN guns could be installed or portable ones moved around to the traffic areas for recovery work and touch up on high traffic areas.

But just pray that Mom nature provides us with Plenty. Can we keep this pattern in place for the winter that we have now. Hopefully it will go away and come back in December. If we keep getting this wet, Mom nature just might decide it needs to be dry to balance things out. So, no more buying margarine and fooling her. LOLOL!!!

HowieT2
07-30-2009, 02:30 PM

That's the point. They can only blow one trail at a time at SB. If they had more capacity they could blow more trails at the same time. Then the order in which they blew snow on trails would be a non-issue. :wink:

But they made snow on Steins for something like a week straight (or more), when they could have gone over to NL for 2 days and gotten that open and then returned to steins. They chose to do it that way given the confines of the system. But for that choice, I personally have little to complain about the snowmaking.

Vonski-don't jinx us

Hawk
07-30-2009, 04:05 PM

But they made snow on Steins for something like a week straight (or more), when they could have gone over to NL for 2 days and gotten that open and then returned to steins. They chose to do it that way given the confines of the system. But for that choice, I personally have little to complain about the snowmaking.

Vonski-don't jinx us
I guess the problem is that you guys have not skied for a prolonged time at a ski area that has Kick a$$ snow making. If you had you would know the difference. I have. Don't get me wrong there is no substitute for the stuff from the sky and I love SB and would never leave. But if they could blow all kinds of snow all over the place at the same time then why not? Because of the limited amount of snow they can make, they had to choose. If they had more capacity then they wouldn't have to choose. Just think about recovering from NCP in just a couple of days! Hell last year I skied for two weeks on sub par icy slopes after that thaw. I went to visit friends at another resort and the difference was mind blowing. So why not at SB is all I am saying?

HowieT2
07-30-2009, 04:12 PM

Vonski-don't jinx us
I guess the problem is that you guys have not skied for a prolonged time at a ski area that has Kick a$$ snow making. If you had you would know the difference. I have. Don't get me wrong there is no substitute for the stuff from the sky and I love SB and would never leave. But if they could blow all kinds of snow all over the place at the same time then why not? Because of the limited amount of snow they can make, they had to choose. If they had more capacity then they wouldn't have to choose. Just think about recovering from NCP in just a couple of days! Hell last year I skied for two weeks on sub par icy slopes after that thaw. I went to visit friends at another resort and the difference was mind blowing. So why not at SB is all I am saying?

Correct. Other than a day or two early in the season I haven't skied any other place in the east in awhile.

vonski
07-30-2009, 05:42 PM
Howie,

I had my toes crossed eyes crossed, legs crossed and was knocking on wood. hope your having a good summer.

mattlucas
07-30-2009, 06:30 PM
Put the Poma back on North Lynx and a hostile takeover of Mad River Glen, then learn to snowboard. just kidding about the snowboarding.

Lostone
07-30-2009, 08:06 PM
It seemed to me last season that the complaints regarding snow making were more about decisions management made rather than physical limitations (failure to make snow on NL while blowing on Steins for days on end).

IMNATHO A good part of the decisions had to do with limitations of the system.

I agree that I like to see more terrain open, and I like North Lynx, but it is far more cost effective to give an area all it needs, then move on. Not saying any time really is, but this is not a time for wasting money on double switches.

As for my plan on the $15M, I was thinking of purchasing a Perfect Weather System™.

As we all know, the Perfect Weather System™ intersperses plentiful 6", 1', 2' and 3' snow storms with sunny clear 25° weather for driving and visibility skiing.

It is available at all fine weather forecasting departments for $14,999,970.

What will I do with the other $30? I was planning on a nice dinner at Timbers. We all know that every thing is better when I'm well fed. :wink:

shadyjay
07-31-2009, 07:55 AM
Years ago I developed quite the plan for Sugarbush. This was before the ASC lift infusion of 95/96. I can't remember the plans I had but it was based on adding lifts and terrain to supplement existing lifts. I have learned a lot since then... such as the fact that the more uphill capacity you provide, the more crowded things will become.

So since then, I've toned it down a bit....
I would replace the VH Double and redo the unload/Traverse/Snowball cluster (who wouldn't). Also I'd extend the Heaven's Gate to the summit to eliminate the "hike" to Jester, though I'll admit since I now point my board down 'Grinder, Ripcord, and Paradise more than in the past, the hike isn't as much of a problem as it used to be. Over on Gate House, I'd move the upload uphill just a bit to come in just above the North Lynx terminal. Looking across from the present Gate House terminal, I'd create the "North Lynx Lodge" for another on-mountain food venue... this would be by the "Java The Hut" shack. In back of it I'd cut a connector to Sleeper. And of course there are snowmaking improvement, but based on capacity and not new trail coverage, as trails I marked as"snowmaking added" "back in the day" I realize now should remain au natural. Never did I realize the capacity issues of the present system before.

And no more discussion on the late opening of North Lynx.... grrr... once it did open though, it WAS the place to be... and not just because of its excellent crew ;-) 8)

HowieT2
07-31-2009, 08:01 AM
It seemed to me last season that the complaints regarding snow making were more about decisions management made rather than physical limitations (failure to make snow on NL while blowing on Steins for days on end).

IMNATHO A good part of the decisions had to do with limitations of the system.

I agree that I like to see more terrain open, and I like North Lynx, but it is far more cost effective to give an area all it needs, then move on. Not saying any time really is, but this is not a time for wasting money on double switches.

As for my plan on the $15M, I was thinking of purchasing a Perfect Weather System™.

As we all know, the Perfect Weather System™ intersperses plentiful 6", 1', 2' and 3' snow storms with sunny clear 25° weather for driving and visibility skiing.

It is available at all fine weather forecasting departments for $14,999,970.

What will I do with the other $30? I was planning on a nice dinner at Timbers. We all know that every thing is better when I'm well fed. :wink:

That's my point. It was more cost effective the way they did it, but they could have easily chosen to do it the other way and get NL open. I don't know how much money (if anyone has a guess I'd be curious) we are talking about, but I do know that having NL closed makes the mtn ski a lot smaller. When NL is closed the whole gatehouse side is effectively closed for all but beginner skiers and everyone is funneled to the super bravo, HG and CR making it more crowded. Not to mention the woods.

Tin Woodsman
07-31-2009, 12:56 PM
With that budget, I'd invest as follows:

1) $6.0MM - Snowmaking upgrades. More pumping capacity. Replace pipe. New fan guns on wide, critical trails and intersections (e.g. Snowball/Spring Fling, Birch Run, Inverness, Cruiser, "mixing bowl" areas at North and South [intersections of Steins, OG, Lwr Downspout at LP and the NRX base area at ME]). Finally dig out or construct snowmaking pond(s) to permitted capacity.

2a) $1.5MM - Replacement of VH double with FG triple loading at true base. Reconfigure unloading area (likely to involve blasting) at top.

2b) $1.5MM - Construction of North Lynx lodge roughly the size of Glen House

3) $6.0MM - Upper Inverness. Includes replacement of Inverness quad with a HSQ ($4MM), moving current Inverness quad to upper Inverness ($0.5MM), and upper Inverness trail work and snowmaking installation ($1.5MM)

In all likelihood, there isn't enough money to do all this with "just" $15MM. I'm probably short by $1-2MM.

HowieT2
07-31-2009, 01:32 PM

1) $6.0MM - Snowmaking upgrades. More pumping capacity. Replace pipe. New fan guns on wide, critical trails and intersections (e.g. Snowball/Spring Fling, Birch Run, Inverness, Cruiser, "mixing bowl" areas at North and South [intersections of Steins, OG, Lwr Downspout at LP and the NRX base area at ME]). Finally dig out or construct snowmaking pond(s) to permitted capacity.

2a) $1.5MM - Replacement of VH double with FG triple loading at true base. Reconfigure unloading area (likely to involve blasting) at top.

3) $6.0MM - Upper Inverness. Includes replacement of Inverness quad with a HSQ ($4MM), moving current Inverness quad to upper Inverness ($0.5MM), and upper Inverness trail work and snowmaking installation ($1.5MM)

In all likelihood, there isn't enough money to do all this with "just" $15MM. I'm probably short by $1-2MM.

1-2 million? no problem. These issues pose a systemic threat to our system. Can you say "Bailout".

vonski
07-31-2009, 01:55 PM
I still think that there should be bailout money available to improve national forest infrastructure. Maybe we all should sit and have a luch beer to discuss!!!!! I guess we would not be drinking Bud Light though!!!

Tin Woodsman
07-31-2009, 03:13 PM

1-2 million? no problem. These issues pose a systemic threat to our system. Can you say "Bailout".

On second though, it's likely more like $3-4MM. HSQs are more expensive than I first remembered and the snowmaking system needs a lot of cash.

summitchallenger
08-01-2009, 07:29 AM
Shady--

I like the idea of extending Gatehouse up NL, but that still would mean slugging across that wide plateau to get to the Gatehouse trails. So in that vein, it doesn't make much sense.

shadyjay
08-01-2009, 11:34 PM
I like the idea of extending Gatehouse up NL, but that still would mean slugging across that wide plateau to get to the Gatehouse trails. So in that vein, it doesn't make much sense.

Well, with the moving of the GH Terminal uphill, that flat area where the terminal is now would be regraded and provide a wider area into Hot Shot with more of a slope for everyone.

I agree with the plans for the replacement of the Village chair, closing off Lower Pushover's dump-in to Easy Rider. I'd also like to see a skier tunnel/bridge built on Village Run to make it true "ski in ski out" ... not that I'm biased since the end of present Village Run will be my home for this winter.

summitchallenger
08-02-2009, 12:37 PM

Well, with the moving of the GH Terminal uphill, that flat area where the terminal is now would be regraded and provide a wider area into Hot Shot with more of a slope for everyone.

That's a really large area to regrade.

shadyjay
08-02-2009, 08:51 PM
Well, we are in fantasyland after all! Maybe throw in an extra 'mil and that'll take care of it.

win
08-10-2009, 04:08 PM
Tin's list is a good one, but he is short by more than $2 million. North Lynx Pod is the last one we go do with snowmaking early in the season. The reason we stay on a trail for a duration is for efficiency. We do not have an automated system and it takes time to shut down and start up new areas so that takes away snowmaking time.

ManyTurns
08-10-2009, 07:06 PM
Widen every trail and put snow making on it. Buy 100 groomers and groom every inch and flatten every bump.

Install a Chondola with heat, music systems and fancy artwork on every car.

Install a couple of six pack lifts.

Build a food court.

Add a Tubing facility, there's plenty of room in the Slidebrook area to add new stuff.

Buy Mad River, connect to it, and widen every trail there too, with snowmaking and 100% grooming.

ah... at some point I'll post my real list. :-;

Tin Woodsman
08-11-2009, 12:45 AM
Tin's list is a good one, but he is short by more than $2 million. North Lynx Pod is the last one we go do with snowmaking early in the season. The reason we stay on a trail for a duration is for efficiency. We do not have an automated system and it takes time to shut down and start up new areas so that takes away snowmaking time.

Well to be fair, I did revise my estimate up to the $18-19MM range in a later post. :)

Also, and I'm just throwing this out there, why not hit Birch Run a little earlier than usual? I mean, sure it's really wide and takes a lot of snow to get open but....

1) Aside form Jester, there is no upper mountain cruising at LP.

2) Birch's SE aspect is much less of a drawback in the low sun months of December and January.

3) It's accessible to a wide range of skiers, with bumps on the left, wide open cruising in the center, and tighter cruising on the far right. I need not remind you how critical the intermediate skier is to your growth aspirations.

4) It allows for the prospect of earlier turns on Morningstar during those December and early January storms that make it skiable for a period of days before a warm up of some kind.

5) You've got all season to make snow on Steins.

6) You don't have to open it edge to edge for it to serve its purpose of a relief valve to the usually crowded Gate House pod and Snowball/Spring Fling combo on weekends.

7) It seems that every year, there is a period of 1-3 weeks where tracks are made on the NL pod by people earning there turns. Setting aside the fact thatyou don't approve or condone of such actions, surely it indicates that there is good skiing to be had if the effort is made to consolidate Mother Nature's helpful start.

8) Birch Run being open holds the key not only to Morningstar (Sunrise is a different animal), but also to many Slide Brook lines and several other notable areas, some of which may even be coming onto the map this year. In short, you get a lot more for your money than Birch Run when you blow on Birch Run. When you blow on Steins, as much of an icon of expert skiing as it is, you only get Steins, a run that perhaps 20% of your market can ski, if that.

Respectfully,

TW

Hawk
08-11-2009, 07:43 AM
One thing to consider is that NL is the gateway to Slidebrook. I have heard unofficially that they try to delay the opening until SB is at least skiable. It cuts down on difficult extractions. No one in management would ever say this expect for some patrolers and guides though. :wink:

ManyTurns
08-11-2009, 07:07 PM
1) Buy Mad River and connect the two resorts.
2) Improve the quality of snow making; not necessary the quantity, just make it fluffy.
3) Rebuild the Valley house area, with
--- a new lodge (replacing the Mushroom) specifically designed for spectating, with big windows and a large porch. The porch should have amenities for spring time event viewing.
--- a half pipe for spectating, in addition to the jump that's there already
--- a new fast lift to replace the Valley house lift and service Steins
4) Build a mini-lodge at the base of Steins or another mogul slope (perhaps Rip Cord or FIS). The mini-lodge should have tables and chairs outside, with a good view of the mogul slope. The mogul slope should have a jump near the end to watch from the mini-lodge. The mini-lodge should mostly be an out-door facility, but it should serve beer and athletic drinks (i.e. Gatorade). The mini-lodge would support competitions, but more importantly, it would enhance the Spring skiing experience. The goal is to make spring bump skiing even more of a social happening.
5) Move the Mount Ellen mid mountain lodge from the top of Cliffs to the bottom of Black Diamond / Upper FIS, with a view of those trails
5) Add more woods trails. Add egress below Castlerock, to open up the woods below Castlerock connection. (I think thats the valleuy I got caught in once.)
6) Allow some of the less steep trails to bump up.
7) Rebuild the lodge at North / Mount Ellen. Consider moving it up the hill, so it's closer to steeper terrain, and so spectators can watch on slope activity.

If there's theme here, it's that lodges should have a view of bump runs and half pipes. By the same token, woods runs should remain secluded and quiet.

ManyTurns
08-11-2009, 07:24 PM
1) Buy Mad River and connect the two resorts.
2) Improve the quality of snow making; not necessary the quantity, just make it fluffy.
3) Rebuild the Valley house area, with
--- a new lodge (replacing the Mushroom) specifically designed for spectating, with big windows and a large porch. The porch should have amenities for spring time event viewing.
--- a half pipe for spectating, in addition to the jump that's there already
--- a new fast lift to replace the Valley house lift and service Steins
4) Build a mini-lodge at the base of Steins or another mogul slope (perhaps Rip Cord or FIS). The mini-lodge should have tables and chairs outside, with a good view of the mogul slope. The mogul slope should have a jump near the end to watch from the mini-lodge. The mini-lodge should mostly be an out-door facility, but it should serve beer and athletic drinks (i.e. Gatorade). The mini-lodge would support competitions, but more importantly, it would enhance the Spring skiing experience. The goal is to make spring bump skiing even more of a social happening.
5) Move the Mount Ellen mid mountain lodge from the top of Cliffs to the bottom of Black Diamond / Upper FIS, with a view of those trails
5) Add more woods trails. Add egress below Castlerock, to open up the woods below Castlerock connection. (I think thats the valleuy I got caught in once.)
6) Allow some of the less steep trails to bump up.
7) Rebuild the lodge at North / Mount Ellen. Consider moving it up the hill, so it's closer to steeper terrain, and so spectators can watch on slope activity.

If there's theme here, it's that lodges should have a view of bump runs and half pipes. By the same token, woods runs should remain secluded and quiet.

Actually, I take one thing back. For the mini-lodge at the base of Steins, beer shouldn't be served. The focus should be on the athletic activity. I should note that I can't drink beer due to gluten intolerance. As much as I'd like to enhance the spring time mogul party, I don't want a bar at bottom of the slope.

win
08-12-2009, 02:47 PM
Not true, Hawk!

Hawk
08-13-2009, 06:54 AM
Not true, Hawk!

Ok, OK, Sorry......that is only the opinion of a couple of people. But you would be surprised who said that.... :wink:

HowieT2
08-13-2009, 10:29 AM

How much "efficiency" are we talking about? Is it just a PIA or is it real money/manpower, because not having NL open is a real bummer. If my recollection is correct (there definitely was a thread about this), last season NL was closed for 2-3 weeks in January while they were blowing continuously on Steins.

As for the lack of an automated system, how much would it cost to automate?

jwt
08-13-2009, 06:34 PM
What if SV sold bonds to get some of those wish list things completed? Certainly not the time to be floating debt - or is it because of the cost of money being so low?
SV coulc raise say $10M ( you can't have everything, where would you put it all? - Steven Wright) by floating 10 year $10K bonds at say 4% - about 6-8 times somewhat more secure CD's? With a former money man at the helm - actually a couple, many of us would have some confidence in it's run to maturity.

I might not be interested in an all season all family pass - a winter family pass would do for that term! and say 3%!

Just a thought, but if you had the right master plan to get enough local/flatlanders/investors excited, boy, might not be that hard to get a 1000 to sign up. OK, it isn't 1998, but what's the old game - buy low - how many were buying in March of '09" Happy campers all!

Win, could you educate us on that route a bit?

Always interesting stuff here lately - and it's August. You don't find that on any ski mountain forums that I've seen.

TreeBandit
08-17-2009, 03:15 PM
I would like to see the following:

Mt Ellen lodge upgrade

A People mover to get to the base lodge from the packing lot at Lincon (to many stairs for me carrying all the gear)

A Half Pipe

A Waffle Shack at Mt Ellen

WWF-VT
08-17-2009, 03:52 PM
A People mover to get to the base lodge from the packing lot at Lincon (to many stairs for me carrying all the gear)

You should take advantage of the Sherpas at LP. They are stationed at the bottom of the stairs in the AM and waiting at the top in the PM

Yard Sale
08-17-2009, 03:58 PM

You should take advantage of the Sherpas at LP. They are stationed at the bottom of the stairs in the AM and waiting at the top in the PM

. . . or try the road on the opposite side of Clay Brook: No stairs.

Lostone
08-17-2009, 08:22 PM
I wonder what the difference in vertical is between the stairs at South or walking up from, say the 3rd row at North?

For the record, if the Village Chair is not running, I will usually cut across the In Road, thru the interim village,and up the stairs.

win
08-18-2009, 06:54 AM
On weekends and Holidays the parking lot shuttles also run and will take you up the road "gatehouse lane" behind Clay Brook and drop you off next to Timbers. No stairs that way!

John Walden
08-21-2009, 09:15 AM
There is an article in this month's Skiing magazine that talks about ski areas in trouble. Thank God for Win Smith at the helm. I heard a rumor that Win was buying Stowe. I hope not. We want him right here at Sugarbush.

summitchallenger
08-21-2009, 10:23 AM
I heard a rumor that Win was buying Stowe. I hope not. We want him right here at Sugarbush.

That rumor has been flying around on so many places...and, to the best of my knowledge, is just a rumor.

Strat
08-21-2009, 11:34 AM
I heard a rumor that Win was buying Stowe. I hope not. We want him right here at Sugarbush.

That rumor has been flying around on so many places...and, to the best of my knowledge, is just a rumor.

Of course we want him at Sugarbush, but a Stowe run as well as Sugarbush is would be pretty cool, no? I'd absolutely pay for a two-for-one Bush-Stowe pass.

I don't think the rumor's true. What I do think, though, is that when Stowe does sell, it's going to be an extreme bargain for whomever does end up acquiring it.