PDA

View Full Version : NY TImes

noski
06-26-2009, 08:58 AM
okay, Lostone, is this press UBER COOL? It's not the Post, it's the Times! http://travel.nytimes.com/2009/06/26/travel/escapes/26Amer.html?hpw

Lostone
06-26-2009, 10:10 AM
Now THAT is cool! 8)

Sorry, but the Post is like Foxnews. Just hits the wrong market. (I know... "Just spell the name right." :wink: )

But the Times...?

Now THAT is cool! 8)

quadburn
07-14-2009, 01:47 PM
Strange to see lostone and noski denigrating the New York Post and Foxnews and elevating the New York Times, unless he's been drinking the liberal koolaid for too long. I've skied at Sugarbush/Mad River for over 30 years and I've lived in NYC for 25 years and I try to avoid the New York Times at all costs, since it's leftwing bias is outrageous. Their oh-so-precious travelogues always miss the mark, and the version of Vermont they push is nauseating and a betrayal of the State's legacy of rugged individualism and resistance to overreaching governmental instrusions. I'm sorry this is being aired out in this forum, but I don't think it should be the role of the "moderator" to make politically charged statements which essentially divide the participants along the lines of "NYTimes = good" and "NYPost/Foxnews = bad". Just substitute "liberal" for the former and "conservative" for the latter; I get your point and it's not appreciated.

Hawk
07-14-2009, 02:35 PM
What's really funny is that people from MA think both papers are just comunist propaganda..... :wink:

Lostone
07-14-2009, 04:00 PM
I don't say they're bad because they're conservative. (Tho they are certainly right wing.) I'm saying they're bad because they are bad. They are both owned by Murdoch who has no respect for honest reporting. For every bad story you could point out in the Times, I could show you a dozen on Foxnews. (It isn't news... It's Foxnews.)

In truth, I don't read either. I have been drinking the "liberal Koolaid", and as to whether it is too long, you make your decisions and I really don't care what they are. You only think the Times' liberalism is outrageous because you have no idea what real liberal media is. :roll:

As for the reason "their oh-so-precious travelogues" are brought up here is it is advertising for the Valley. Good advertising is good for all of us, including most who have no real direct relationship with the resort or any of the businesses. A rising tide, and all that... Or is that too liberal for you? :roll:

As for my moderation job, if you don't like it, take it up with Greg. I'd hate to lose another high paying career... but I'd adjust. :wink:

And Hawk, I can assure you I know a lot of people in Mass who don't think the Times (And certainly not the post!) is Communist propaganda. They know what real Communist propaganda is. :wink: (We used to sit around and drink Koolaid together. :lol: )

noski
07-15-2009, 07:34 AM
I don't read either publication, but I do appreciate good P.R. for the MRV. You can't buy it, but you can cultivate it with some effort. Both pieces on the MRV (Times and Post) were good- Google Analytics says the article in the Times alone doubled our web traffic for the next 4 days with a significant jump in the home page and Activities page views. That makes me happy, regardless of where it comes from. Whatever drives people to www.MadRiverValley.com makes me happy.