PDA

View Full Version : Trimming the Outback ski bands

Hardbooter
06-08-2009, 12:39 PM
This is from Craig Spear who is organizing this summer's trimming:

The Slide Brook work weekend is scheduled for August 15 and 16.

Your help will be greatly appreciated and will be rewarded with a voucher for a lift ticket to Sugarbush good any day next winter.

As usual we will be meeting at the base of Lincoln Peak both Saturday and Sunday mornings at 9:30. Please bring your cutting tools, lunch, liquids, first aid kit, and be dressed for hiking and working in steep, rough terrain. We hope to be able to get a ride into Slide Brook, but that will not be confirmed until the last minute. Also bringing your Talk-About radio (charge those batteries) helps us keep in contact if we get spread out, or if anyone needs to leave for some reason.

Please invite others who might be willing to volunteer for the work. When responding that you can join us, please give me your local and cell phone number.

Thanks,
Craig Spear, Outback Guide
617-257-4663

Brew Ski
06-08-2009, 06:10 PM
Looking forward to it again this year. Had a good time with Hawk, Hardbooter and Treeskier last year. Without snow and skis, the trails look amazingly different and steep.

I saw that this info went to the Bush Pilots list as well. Hopefully it will be a good crowd this year.

I'll plan on bringing some homebrew adult beverages for relaxing sore muscles Saturday night.

Hawk
08-06-2009, 09:56 AM
A friendly reminder that this is happening next weekend. Wow where did the summer go.
Anyway count me and the Mrs. as in. See your there. :wink:

Lostone
08-06-2009, 10:24 AM
We now have two threads on the same subject.

Locking this one, as the other, tho later is first for this cycle. (HUH? :lol: You'd have to be there. :wink: )

Please continue your conversations in the other one.