PDA

View Full Version : Gatehouse patio and steps

skigal
06-01-2009, 07:38 PM
I was just checking out the photos on the Sugarbush website and came across some of construction of a new patio in front of Gatehouse and what looks like stone or concrete steps on the south side. Anyone have more info on this? Will it be heated and thus reduce the number of falls on the slick pavers?

Lostone
06-01-2009, 07:50 PM
Upper and lower patios have been expanded and the steps go from one to the other.

I believe the steps are individual stones, so I doubt they're heated. Doubt that will be a problem as the outside decks don't really get much use, when they would be icy.

But the steps look great. 8)

vonski
06-01-2009, 09:15 PM
From what I can see in the picture that looks like a nice connector. I wonder if it will allow for the beer to travel up to the upper area easier in the winter or summer for that matter?

HowieT2
06-02-2009, 07:05 AM
Upper and lower patios have been expanded and the steps go from one to the other.

I believe the steps are individual stones, so I doubt they're heated. Doubt that will be a problem as the outside decks don't really get much use, when they would be icy.

But the steps look great. 8)

More pics please.

Does look great, eliminates wasted space and adds a shortcut. all in all, good. any growth of the patio with pavers and reduction of concrete is good since that concrete is scary slick.

win
06-03-2009, 01:23 PM
This was planned when we did the addition last Fall. The lower patio has been expanded to allow for some more outdoor seating there. Shawn (the groomer) and Shane (the bartender) moved into their summer jobs and built some beautiful stairs that connect the lower patio to the new upper patio. They are really meant to be used from Spring to Fall and not for the winter. Up top we have also built a more permanent fire pit and expanded the patio to allow for about double the amount of space as this winter. The land around the patio has been graded and we are putting down top soil today and seeding it this week so that the whole area will look great in a few weeks. Food and drinks can be served on both levels. The swing set went up this week. The Zip line is up, and work is being done on the Bravo lift to ready it for summer rides. We have a free Vermont Kids day on June 20th, and then we spin the Bravo lift on Friday June 26th. Thereafter it will run every Friday, Saturday and Sunday through Community weekend in October.

Beth Urie is also creating a localvore garden in front of the Ski Valet building of Clay Brook and the vegetables, fruits and herbs grown there will be used in Timbers. Every Friday in June is localvore at Timbers.

We'll get a picture on the web once everything looks complete. Lostone will undoubtedly get pictures up before that.

smootharc
06-15-2009, 04:33 PM
....and those steps look GREAT ! Feel nice under foot, too. And the spiffed landscaping around the upper GH terrace looks nice, and the localvore veggie garden by the edge of the flats overlooking the Claybrook pool looks AND smells nice. Looking pretty spiffy up there....

DH mountain biking just around the corner. I'm psyched to tear up all that new spiffy landscaping and veggies !!!!

villager
06-16-2009, 08:23 PM
Just saw the steps last weekend and was very impressed. They are way more substantial than I envisioned. Nice work!

Lostone
06-18-2009, 08:29 PM
At long last, here are a few pix of the new plaza improvements:

Upper/Lower deck stairs
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee203/Pix_from_Jim/Misc/_tIMG_3220ca.jpg

Localvore garden plots
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee203/Pix_from_Jim/Misc/_tIMG_3222.jpg

Upper patio, from above
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee203/Pix_from_Jim/Misc/_tIMG_3224c.jpg

I think they all look great! :)

chuck
06-19-2009, 08:24 AM
WOW! The place looks Awesome!

Tin Woodsman
06-19-2009, 01:17 PM
Did I read that the steps would be off-limits in the winter? They'd likely be pretty slippery in ski boots.

Lostone
06-19-2009, 02:18 PM
They are really meant to be used from Spring to Fall and not for the winter. :wink: