PDA

View Full Version : Last Lift Turning

win
05-03-2009, 06:54 PM
At 5pm the last person boarded the Valley House lift for a final run down Stein's and Sugarbush thus had the last lift running in The Northeast. We had a fun day on Stein's with around 250 skiers and riders enjoying our final and 154th day of the season, including a number of friends from Killington. We raffled off a season pass at 5:15pm and Chris from Medford, Ma and a Killington skier this year won.

Thanks to all for coming out on our final weekend and thank again for a great season. Hope to see many of your this summer and all of you next winter.

summitchallenger
05-03-2009, 07:15 PM
I was not planning on skiing this weekend because I was going to be visiting my fiancee who is doing her first hospital rotation for med school out of town. Well, she was disappointed when she was assigned to work today from 5:30am on until tomorrow morning. That, combined with the 5pm closing, meant that I could enjoy a weekend with her and get up at a reasonable hour and drive back to SB for turns today.

Got in late...at about 3:30pm. Good crowd in the lot. Good vibes. Not much snow on the base or for one patch on Stein's. Most places would not have opened....they would have bagged it. Not SB. I got in 5 runs today. All smiles from everyone. The Meatheads were skiing (Radio Ron came and spoke with me).

Many of us were at the top of Stein's at 5pm. There was a comment that there was no fanfare about the "last run." No shouts, no cheers, nothing. Folks just took it in on their own terms and savored the view and snow. I was the last paying customer to shove off...in fact my fiancee called me at 5pm and we chatted for 15 minutes or so. She has great timing (and wants us to do Tux this season!)

As I left, many more folks were mingling and having a drink, including Win. What a great place...pass was purchased on Friday...see you next season.