PDA

View Full Version : This weekend

win
04-30-2009, 03:09 PM
Valley House lift will spin 9am - 5pm on Saturday and Sunday and the forecast is looking pretty good. Lift tickets for both Sat and Sun are $39. In other words $39 for two day. Buy sat and get sun free. Come only Sunday and pay $39. $29 if you bring a season pass from another area - including ME only pass (you need to go to the ticket window for a ticket) and Sugarcard. Register at the ticket window and we will have a raffle on Sunday at 5pm for a 09/10 All-Mountain season pass.

It looks like Stein's will be the trail. Given the rain tonight and the warmth of this week, we won't be able to put Snowball back together again.

skiladi
04-30-2009, 05:19 PM
Valley House lift will spin 9am - 5pm on Saturday and Sunday and the forecast is looking pretty good. Lift tickets for both Sat and Sun are $39. In other words $39 for two day. Buy sat and get sun free. Come only Sunday and pay $39. $29 if you bring a season pass from another area - including ME only pass (you need to go to the ticket window for a ticket) and Sugarcard. Register at the ticket window and we will have a raffle on Sunday at 5pm for a 09/10 All-Mountain season pass.

It looks like Stein's will be the trail. Given the rain tonight and the warmth of this week, we won't be able to put Snowball back together again.

Is it $29 with an all-mt. 5?

summitchallenger
05-01-2009, 06:46 AM
Sounds good! Better than the skiing at almost anywhere else. Thanks Win!

shadyjay
05-01-2009, 08:45 AM
And it looks like Sugarbush will once again be the last VT resort standing.... K closes Saturday.

Lostone
05-01-2009, 09:36 AM
Jay is supposed to be open, too. Not that I'm thinking of going that far up, but I think that makes only 3 in New England.

win
05-01-2009, 09:46 AM
All Mtn 5 is $29 too!

Hawk
05-01-2009, 12:13 PM
Jay is supposed to be open, too. Not that I'm thinking of going that far up, but I think that makes only 3 in New England.

That would be 4 as of tomorrow: Sugarbush, Killington, Jay and Sugarloaf. From reading in the different forums it looks like Sugarloaf has the most snow by far. Now that doesn't happen very often.

summitchallenger
05-01-2009, 12:39 PM
4 resorts tomorrow, 3 as of Sunday. And if things are like last year, Sugarloaf will probably reopen just to piss everyone off to claim title as last to be open!

Hawk
05-01-2009, 12:52 PM
Ya that's kind of strange that Killington will only re-open for one day. I think you are right about the Loaf.

win
05-01-2009, 01:31 PM
Here is an update. The snow if going fast, so we will not have Snowball or Spring Fling. We are using the snow on Spring Fling to push into Coffee Run and the base area around the Valley House chair, so that is as nice as possible. If you look up at Stein's you will see some brown below the entrance, so we are going to put a groomer just on that part to cover it up and leave the moguls on the rest of the slope. Thus, moguls only but they should be soft and fun. We will have the BBQ going on the new CR deck and lower CR will be open too as will Timbers for breakfast on both days and dinners through Saturday night. Hope to see you for some final runs!

skiladi
05-01-2009, 08:24 PM

That would be 4 as of tomorrow: Sugarbush, Killington, Jay and Sugarloaf. From reading in the different forums it looks like Sugarloaf has the most snow by far. Now that doesn't happen very often.

About ten years ago on May 1st Sugarloaf still had the snowfields open and lift tics were FREE 'cause it was May 1st and it was freaking awesome. We grabbed some water and food and stayed up top all day in tees and shorts. Once you decided to go to the base that was it. It was 70 degrees and full of water but I'll never forget those snowfields!! And we drove home to NH through Evans Notch(closed in winter). It added an hour to the drive but it was worth it. The scenery is to-die-for. It's like Granville Gulf tripled. ; }