PDA

View Full Version : Well, that does it for the season...

Lostone
04-26-2009, 07:50 PM
Not the best day in the world to end a season.

It was misty, and tho the temps were in the 50s, after yesterday, it felt cold.

Still, for those that ventured out, it was a pretty good day.

The problem was yesterday.

Yesterday, I awoke to rain. :shock: That was followed by really high winds. :shock: I refreshed the interactive map 3 times before heading out. No... didn't seem to be a wind hold day... I ventured out.

It wasn't a good day. It was a fantastic day! :D

It was 80°. Spring Fling and Downspout were not really soft, presumably due to the grooming before the rain, but they skied really well. As for Ripcord, Organgrinder, Stein's quickly were soft and slow. tho not sticky, in the least. Non-groomed cruisers were hard, but gave easily, leading to a soft, sweet carveable but fast snow.

Everyone was saying it had to be one of the all time best spring skiing days! 8)

Hope many of you got out there to see it, because . . . I did! :wink:

And now... Will there be a post season playoff? :wink:

smootharc
04-27-2009, 08:27 AM
And now... Will there be a post season playoff? :wink:

....because I'll be on the field in my uniform, with skis on my feet, looking to score...

teleo
04-27-2009, 11:27 AM
Not the best day in the world to end a season.
Thanks for validating my decision to blow off Sun and make Sat my last day. And what a day Sat was :D :D
Not sure what burned me out more, the bumps everywhere, or my little dance partner in the plaza afterward.
Was great to have a band outside.

Lostone
05-03-2009, 07:21 AM
I keep trying to get out... They keep pulling me back in! :lol:

Last chance!

Yesterday on Stein's.. (Sorry. . . No pix from Coffee Run.) :wink:

http://forums.skimrv.com/albums/Skiing_08-09/tIMG_3099.jpg

Lostone
05-03-2009, 12:46 PM
OK... Now I really am calling it a season!

I just dropped my skis over at Mountainside, for their end of year tune. I picked up some new boots to start next season, and am getting ready to head out to toss a few discs around.

Got out for a few runs on each of the past two days. The snow was soft, the entrance bumps to Stein's had been mellowed, nicely. There were things around that made some of the routes. . . interesting. :wink: But it was skiing in May. I thought we had some really nice spring skiing, this year, and I hang them up with no complaints.

I didn't ski it as well as I would have liked, as Stein's isn't my favorite warm-up trail, but I skied it better than those that didn't get out, and are only reading about it. :lol:

I have a lot of pix from the last few days, and some heading back over the winter. I'm hoping to get some of them posted in the next few weeks. First, I have to change computer systems. No sense unloading my camera card until I hve time to play with them.

Hope you all had a great season. 8)