PDA

View Full Version : Look'en like a beautiful Weekend!

Treeskier
04-21-2009, 03:45 PM
Look'en like a beautiful Weekend!

http://www.clubxtaski.com/090421_Weather.jpg

Mushy Mushy Corn Bumps.....

Dancing in the streets after wards!

Lostone
04-21-2009, 04:57 PM
And Sunday, not on the graphic display, just as good as Saturday! :D

This could be one of those spring skiing weekends that everyone remembers! 8)

04-21-2009, 07:00 PM
Word. I'll be up Sunday with the AZ crew.

Treeskier
04-21-2009, 08:36 PM
Brilliant!

Catch up?

Should try for Saturday also!

Last weekend turned out to be fine. Saturday was a pass holders dreary day with GREAT WOODS RUNS. Followed by Sunny slowly warming blue sky day.

Strat
04-21-2009, 09:15 PM
Skiing in 80 degree weather? Has that happened before (outside of Tuck's at least)?

Hawk
04-22-2009, 06:26 AM
80 Degrees.... Sure. 90 degrees? I never have.

Saturady and Sunday will be perfect. I expect to see all the ususal suspects on and off the hill.

Also great skiing with everybody last weekend. Just season pass holders and employees basically. We had the hill to ourselves on Saturady.
Run after run in the woods up top.

See you Saturday! :wink:

win
04-22-2009, 09:01 PM
I think Friday and Saturday will be awesome days and let's keep our fingers crossed for Sunday. The weather midweek 9 and tomorrow looks lousy too0 has been lousy, but the snow is still holding up well on Ripcord, Spillsville, Organgrinder, Upper Jester, Birdland, Snowball, Spring Fling and Stein's. I do want to reopen next weekend for a final Hurrah and my decision with be influenced by Mother Nature AND by how many of you are going to come out for some skiing and Mint Juleps.

othripper
04-23-2009, 06:18 AM
Hey Win,

Any chance of opening Mt. Ellen? I hope to ski on Sunday, no mint juleps though.

Mike

04-23-2009, 09:16 AM
let's keep our fingers crossed for Sunday.

What do you mean by this, Win? The weather, or the snow holding out? A big AZ crew is heading up for Sunday.

Hawk
04-23-2009, 09:24 AM
let's keep our fingers crossed for Sunday.

What do you mean by this, Win? The weather, or the snow holding out? A big AZ crew is heading up for Sunday.

He must mean the weather because the coverage is awsome at HG and on Steins and Spring Fling.

skiladi
04-23-2009, 09:54 AM
Some reports are talking a RUMBLE of thunder for Sunday. That would close the lifts. ; {
But if you go to the site and watch Win's Word you will see that he plans to audition for Chippendale's as a stripping skier 8) and I think he should turn over his Mint Julep recipe asap! Can we have Mojito's instead?

kcyanks1
04-23-2009, 09:59 AM
Some reports are talking a RUMBLE of thunder for Sunday. That would close the lifts. ; {

:( The forecast is now scattered T-storms. That wasn't there a couple days ago. That sucks. Still planning on heading up, but it would totally suck to have r**n and closed lifts.. Actually did the trip last year in May to ski in some drizzle, but still.

04-23-2009, 10:21 AM

:( The forecast is now scattered T-storms. That wasn't there a couple days ago. That sucks. Still planning on heading up, but it would totally suck to have r**n and closed lifts..

Where are you seeing that? NWS is still forecasting Mostly sunny, with a high near 75. Bumps will be primed right from the opening bell. Start early in case something fires up in the afternoon. When will Bravo and Heaven's gate spin on Sunday? 9 or 10 am?

kcyanks1
04-23-2009, 10:24 AM

:( The forecast is now scattered T-storms. That wasn't there a couple days ago. That sucks. Still planning on heading up, but it would totally suck to have r**n and closed lifts..

Where are you seeing that? NWS is still forecasting Mostly sunny, with a high near 75. Bumps will be primed right from the opening bell. Start early in case something fires up in the afternoon. When will Bravo and Heaven's gate spin on Sunday? 9 or 10 am?

Weather.com (http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USVT0254?from=36hr_fcst10DayLink_undeclared). Someone on AZ posted 9am for Bravo, 10am for Heaven's Gate, I believe.[/code]

04-23-2009, 10:28 AM

Weather.com (http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USVT0254?from=36hr_fcst10DayLink_undeclared). Someone on AZ posted 9am for Bravo, 10am for Heaven's Gate, I believe.[/code]

Pfft. The Weather Channel sucks. I'm not buying it unless the NWS comes on board. They haven't updated since 3 am so maybe TWC has more recent info. We'll see. Still, I think you can get plenty of skiing in. Don't worry about it.

Hawk
04-23-2009, 10:31 AM

Pfft. The Weather Channel sucks. I'm not buying it unless the NWS comes on board. They haven't updated since 3 am so maybe TWC has more recent info. We'll see. Still, I think you can get plenty of skiing in. Don't worry about it.
I wouldn't worry about it Greg. Lately scattered has meant Sunny. :wink: It's going to be a great day no matter how you slice it.

skibum1321
04-23-2009, 10:34 AM

Yes - Bravo is 9-5, all other lifts 10-4

kcyanks1
04-23-2009, 10:46 AM

"[A]ll other lifts"? Is Castlerock reopening for one last day? :-)

kcyanks1
04-23-2009, 10:47 AM

I won't vouch for the weather channel, sometimes I just go there because it's easy and in my head. I'm not stressing over the forecast.

atkinson
04-23-2009, 10:54 AM
Currently dumping snow at the mountain. Castlerock is all white again, although it probably won't reopen. Should be great turns right through the weekend.

Better be here!

John

skiladi
04-23-2009, 10:57 AM
I think the original :?: from Greg was why Win wasn't "talking up" Sunday. There seems to be no doubt about the Friday and Saturday forecast but Sunday is a :?: so Win is hoping for the best and I think we are right there with him. ; }

skiladi
04-23-2009, 10:58 AM
Currently dumping snow at the mountain. Castlerock is all white again, although it probably won't reopen. Should be great turns right through the weekend.

Better be here!

John
I wondered about that when I saw the radar. See you there tomorrow. ; }

skibum1321
04-23-2009, 11:37 AM

We can only hope - you know what I meant though.

kcyanks1
04-23-2009, 12:47 PM

We can only hope - you know what I meant though.

Of course, hence the smiley. But there is only one other lift unless things change drastically for the better :-)

04-23-2009, 02:49 PM
The NWS caught up with the increasing T-storm threat. Things can change...

Lostone
04-23-2009, 03:37 PM
NOAA is saying 30% chance.

In Vermont, in the spring and summer "Chance of afternoon thunder." is roughly the same as "Your mileage may vary." :wink:

shadyjay
04-23-2009, 08:00 PM
Sounds like its gonna be a heck of a Saturday up there... I'd be up there with you guys but I have moved back to CT due to some pressing family issues, though I hope to be back for next winter.

Shred it up for me!

win
04-24-2009, 05:20 PM
Saturday is in the bag, and I am increasingly hopeful that Sunday will be a good one too!

Hawk
04-25-2009, 08:19 AM
It's 70 degrees at 9:00am with gusty SW winds. It rained overnight and was real windy. I thought they blew the forecast for a minute but woke to bluebird.

So yesterday's thoughts went........mtn bike...naaa......family matters....naaa.......house/yard work.......meh.........work....ARE YOU KIDDING! I'm headed NORTH! :wink: This is what I awoke to.....Great choice.

http://www.postimage.org/aV9Kgfi.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aV9Kgfi)
[/img]