PDA

View Full Version : My legs are sore!

Lostone
04-11-2009, 08:35 AM
The last few days have been... spectacular! :D

On Thursday, I started off on the traverse. The slow sticky snow I was expecting wasn't there. It had been replaced with a soft, fast corn. It seemed the mountain had been invaded by the corn monster, and he left sweet stuff everywhere.

Yesterday I started on Birch Run. The guy I rode up with said that it was sticky. He don't know from sticky! That was sweet cruising on a bluebird day. (Now Morning Star and Sunrise... they were sticky. :? )

By the time I got over to Bravo, clouds had started their in and out, but the warmth had penetrated. Everything continued to ski well until the end of the day, with just slight setting up of the snow, at the very end.

These were also the only days that I've skied almost to 5:00. 8)

If you're in the area, next week... you're not looking too good. Maybe a day of vitamin D? I rode up with a man and a young girl, yesterday. He said that he had taken his daughter out of school because she was ill. I told her that she did look like she'd been looking poorly, but that she was looking much better, now. Must have been the exercise and vitamin D. :lol:

Maybe it will work for you, too? :wink:

Hawk
04-11-2009, 09:49 AM
I will second that Lostone. My legs are fried. Headed out for some more today. it was great to ski with the Friday Club.

Good Friday indeed! Nice to be on the hill at 5:00 with the sun and all the smiling faces.