PDA

View Full Version : Great Marketing

TreeBandit
04-11-2009, 01:18 AM
Who ever had the idea of the Elite Eight has a winner. A couple of weeks back a group of us father/child (3 sets) went out a skiied the Elite Eight in a single day, because the kids wanted the shirts. The conditions were great soft snow with lots of bumps. I even tought the group how to ski (what I call East Coast alternative snow) grass on Lift Line.

Before this day all but one child and some of the adults did not ski all of the Eight double diamond trails during the year let alone in a single day. If it was not for the goal of wearing a tee shirt I am not sure they would hae skiied all these trails.
The funny thing is I remember earler in the year may child said no to Lift Line and Rummble, but was begging to make the runs for the chance of getting a tee shirt.

muddy_hollow
04-11-2009, 06:57 AM
Who said girls don't like bragging rights, as much as guys. My daughter was one of the kids in the pack that TreeBandit mentioned. She was stoked to buy the shirt and wear it immediately for the Apres Ski Party out in front of timbers...we sat next to Eagen and his entourage and she kept trying to show him her t-shirt ;) Did I mention she thinks he's a rock star.......

The t-shirt is definitely a winner.

One of the Mom's even has her kids check off trails to see who can complete ALL of the LP and Mt Ellen trails first. It would be cool to see an official program for kids like that. Like the world passport collection at Disney.

- Kids get a booklet at the start of the season. Sign the back to say they'll be honest about reporting trails.
- Kids get a stamp from customer service for every trail completed (top to bottom, no partials)
- Complete them all and customer service hands out an exclusive helmet sticker "Extreme Sugarbush Explorer 2009-10" or something like that. Gives the kids something to show off in the lift line.
- Put all the kids in for a grand prize drawing at the end of the season of skiing a couple runs with Win or Eagen.

HowieT2
04-11-2009, 08:38 AM
Who said girls don't like bragging rights, as much as guys. My daughter was one of the kids in the pack that TreeBandit mentioned. She was stoked to buy the shirt and wear it immediately for the Apres Ski Party out in front of timbers...we sat next to Eagen and his entourage and she kept trying to show him her t-shirt ;) Did I mention she thinks he's a rock star.......

The t-shirt is definitely a winner.

One of the Mom's even has her kids check off trails to see who can complete ALL of the LP and Mt Ellen trails first. It would be cool to see an official program for kids like that. Like the world passport collection at Disney.

- Kids get a booklet at the start of the season. Sign the back to say they'll be honest about reporting trails.
- Kids get a stamp from customer service for every trail completed (top to bottom, no partials)
- Complete them all and customer service hands out an exclusive helmet sticker "Extreme Sugarbush Explorer 2009-10" or something like that. Gives the kids something to show off in the lift line.
- Put all the kids in for a grand prize drawing at the end of the season of skiing a couple runs with Win or Eagen.

my daughter not only has the t-shirt but also a sign on her door at home.
I think the sticker idea is great. The kids love stickers especially for the helmet. But they can't be for sale, only earned, so they have street cred. Kind of like the stickers on college football player helmets.

ski_resort_observer
04-11-2009, 01:51 PM
Larry Dunn, Dir of Retail Operations came up with the Elite Eight for the t-shirts, we now have black long sleeve ones btw and the bumper stickers. I'll pass along the compliment. :D

Since you brought up the trail signs we only carry in stock about 8 trails but since they are made locally we can get any trail sign made, same price, takes about a week.