PDA

View Full Version : Closing Date?

Hawk
04-08-2009, 07:35 AM
I heard a few different dates thrown out there. Most recently someone said 4/19. But with all the snow on Steins, Spring Fling, Snowball and Coffee Run and the VH Double in play this year, why not 4/26 or even 5/3???

Just want to know so I can plan my weekends. I realize there are other options but I love the late season atmosphere on the plaza. :wink:

Lostone
04-08-2009, 08:37 AM
Well... We had the employee party last night.

Win said what the schedule was, but that was after I had been drinking, and I very seldom drink, anymore. He said that I'd be posting it within two minutes, but when I got back to Mr Computer, I really didn't remember what he said. :roll:

What I believe I heard was to go thru the next two weeks, full, then switch to weekends, hoping to make it into May again. I'm sure he'll be happy to correct me if I got it wrong.

And of course, it is always weather dependent. We've certainly had an odd spring, and now it is snowing like crazy. 8)

Hawk
04-08-2009, 09:10 AM
Great! To hell with the Bike. :wink:

summitchallenger
04-08-2009, 09:23 AM
Probably as long as there is snow and plenty of customers. Bring your friends.

Treeskier
04-08-2009, 10:14 AM
I heard the same thing. Funny though With Easter falling where it does Mass. School vacation weeks start the week Sugarbush plans to go to weekends only. I also believe but have not confirmed that VT schools this year are on the same schedule. So for all those families it is no skiing mid-week. Thing to ponder.

Doing my snow dance!

skiladi
04-08-2009, 12:13 PM
I heard the same thing. Funny though With Easter falling where it does Mass. School vacation weeks start the week Sugarbush plans to go to weekends only. I also believe but have not confirmed that VT schools this year are on the same schedule. So for all those families it is no skiing mid-week. Thing to ponder.

Doing my snow dance!

NH vaca starts that week also. I hope my granddaughter will ski with me on the 18th or 19th. http://www.skivermont.com has the 19th announced on their site as a closing date. ; {

noski
04-08-2009, 01:06 PM

Doing my snow dance!

Valley schools are off 4/19-4/26.

summitchallenger
04-08-2009, 01:38 PM

Doing my snow dance!

NH vaca starts that week also. I hope my granddaughter will ski with me on the 18th or 19th. http://www.skivermont.com has the 19th announced on their site as a closing date. ; {

Where did you see that?

win
04-08-2009, 03:05 PM
Unless we have a melt down we plan to stay open every day through Sunday, April 26th and then assess to see if we want to reopen the next weekend for a Kentuchy Derby Party on Saturday and maybe a grand finale on Sunday May 3rd. I suspect the Gate House trails will melt away in the next week, but we have plenty left off of the Bravo and HG chairs.

Lostone
04-08-2009, 03:06 PM
By next two weeks, I'm believing that we are shooting to be open for daily operation until the 26th, then closed for the midweek.

Again, this is going by a memory that is wondering where the carriage return is hiding on this typewriter, and is weater dependent.

Quite a nice winter day out there today. :)

ETA: The real answer snuck in there while I was typing! :wink:

Treeskier
04-08-2009, 03:43 PM
Excellent WIN!

Dancing even harder for a good snowy Easter!

Glad to see our trail count increasing.......Who knows the way it's going we may even get Castlerock back. We can only hope!

skiladi
04-08-2009, 07:12 PM

Doing my snow dance!

Where did you see that?

I like to search. ; }
VERMONT SKI AREAS CLOSING DATES
Mar 10, 2009

VERMONT SKI AREAS CLOSING DATES

Here's a running tally of closing dates. Note, some may extend or shorten, weather dependent.

Pico Mountain: March 29
Middlebury Snow Bowl: March 29
Bolton Valley: April 5
Mad River Glen: April 5 or possibly longer
Smugglers' Notch: April 12
Stratton Mountain: April 12
Mount Snow: At least through April 13
Killington: April 19
Okemo Mountain: April 19
Stowe Mountain Resort: April 19
Sugarbush: April 19
Jay Peak: Possibly into May

teleo
04-09-2009, 08:01 AM
maybe a grand finale on Sunday May 3rd. I vote for a Cinco de Mayo party on Sat may 2cnd :lol: (close enough for government work)

Chewbarka
04-09-2009, 02:15 PM
I'm thinking more like Mint Juleps over Margarita's. Can't you envision the Castlerock Pub special? Start muddling your mint and sugar water now and stock up on bourbon! Bring your own silver cup.

John Walden
04-10-2009, 07:28 PM
I wish I didn't close up two weeks ago,but I had family committments. My youngster son is graduating from NC in two weeks so I need to get south for that. Good season- my wife and I had 50 plus days at the Bush and 10 days out west. Too bad we didn;t get the big dumps at the end like the last two years. See everyone next season, God willing!!