PDA

View Full Version : Employees and Food Service

Hawk
04-03-2009, 06:52 AM
Times are tough but I think this decision is a little short sighted. When the yearly programs ended they told those employees that they no longer get the employee discounts on food. This is new as far as I know. Geeze guys, at the prices you charge at the lodge aren't you making enough profit? These are loyal workers that come every year and help make SB ski school one of the best. Now they all will brown bag and you will make nothing off them not to mention the bad karma that you have produced.

Just my opinion. :wink

ahm
04-03-2009, 08:04 AM
Nice policy! :?

ski_resort_observer
04-03-2009, 09:26 AM
Staff who are done for the season do get to use their passes to ski/ride but since they are not employed anymore they lose their employee discounts. Pretty standard and not unusual IIRC.

Lostone
04-03-2009, 09:41 AM
Are you certain your story is correct? :?

Not sure who said what, but this is the situation, as I see it.

Food service is not running mid-week in the Gatehouse, upstairs. The discounts at the Castlerock Pub are less, but have always been so.

But there was a bbq on the deck yesterday, and there were regular discounts for employees, there.

Edit: My post was started long before SRO's, but I had board problems while trying to post, so it is a response to Hawk, not SRO.

Hawk
04-03-2009, 09:51 AM
I guess it's easy for you to say that SRO because you have a job year round....But actually this is a new policy this year. They have never done this before is my understanding.

ski_resort_observer
04-03-2009, 09:54 AM
I guess it's easy for you to say that SRO because you have a job year round....But actually this is a new policy this year. They have never done this before is my understanding.

I am a seasonal employee....just stating the policy.

Hawk
04-03-2009, 09:55 AM
Are you certain your story is correct? :?

Not sure who said what, but this is the situation, as I see it.

Food service is not running mid-week in the Gatehouse, upstairs. The discounts at the Castlerock Pub are less, but have always been so.

But there was a bbq on the deck yesterday, and there were regular discounts for employees, there.

Edit: My post was started long before SRO's, but I had board problems while trying to post, so it is a response to Hawk, not SRO.

I'll check my facts Lostone and get back.

Hawk
04-03-2009, 10:22 AM
So an e-mail went out that stated that any employee that is no longer working can no longer get the employee discount. That sounds like all places to me. This is a departure from previous years and IMO is lousy.