PDA

View Full Version : Spring 09 construction

djd66
03-30-2009, 07:50 PM
I have heard all kinds of rumors regarding the construction project that is going this spring. What is the latest? I heard the town of Warren is giving the Mtn. a hard time - ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? In this economic climate you have someone that is willing to invest in the valley and they are giving Sugarbush a hard time??

ski_resort_observer
03-30-2009, 08:44 PM
http://www.valleyreporter.com/

Not sure what "hard time" means. It's the normal give and take when a major developement is proposed in any town in Vermont IMHO.

John Walden
04-02-2009, 08:40 AM
I heard it had to do with the connection between Clay Brook and Sugarbush Village.

Hawk
04-02-2009, 10:41 AM
If the town is picking on a path between the old village and Claybrook then lets be greatful that's all they could find. Personnaly I live over in that general direction and I couldn't care less if there were a path. Most people just walk over the snow. :wink: It is a ski hill after all. :roll:

djd66
04-02-2009, 12:45 PM
Hawk - That's what I don't understand either. Its a ski mountain.

Do the people in the village want a walking path that goes down the middle of the Out To Lunch trail? I live over in that direction also, unless they are going to change the ski trail configuration, why would anyone care?? The development will only help property values.

Can someone from the Village please explain what the objection is and where they want the "path" to go? How will it be any different from the current condition of access to and from the village?

summitchallenger
04-02-2009, 01:01 PM

Do the people in the village want a walking path that goes down the middle of the Out To Lunch trail? I live over in that direction also, unless they are going to change the ski trail configuration, why would anyone care?? The development will only help property values.

Can someone from the Village please explain what the objection is and where they want the "path" to go? How will it be any different from the current condition of access to and from the village?

Seems as if some folks don't want to walk any further than they have to to go skiing. :shock:

Hawk
04-02-2009, 02:35 PM

Seems as if some folks don't want to walk any further than they have to to go skiing. :shock:

Not exactly sure what you are saying Summit.....the point I was trying to make is that I hope that a simple walking path does not hold up the whole development. It seems like a small concession to get the thing pushed through. Personally I think the process with the town should be a no brainer for them in this business climate. But people in power tend to abuse it for all kinds of reasons and not just in Vermont.

Lostone
04-02-2009, 07:12 PM
Not sure where this desired walking path is supposed to go, but I would hate to see a paved path. For any who've used the walking path along the access road, you'd have to say it was pretty good.

I'm hearing people say they want that during the winter, tho. There is a ski trail between there, now. Now I know that there are plans to move that lift, and if the lift were to move up, a little, the place below it would not be real ski area.

How could that be maintained, with snow melt above it?

I'm unclear where the beginning of the new lift location would be, with respect In Road, which is the way most people from the village get out. How much room they would have for a path would depend on how much uphill the lift is moving.

As for who wants it, from the village? That would mostly be the people who have businesses in the Village. The name I've heard most was one of the realtors but I know other businesses in the village are behind the idea, too. I have also heard others in the village say it would be nice to have a walking path over there. I've usually answered that I walk that way most of the off-season. :wink:

ski_resort_observer
04-03-2009, 10:14 AM
I have watched several of the meetings between the Warren RDB, the Planning Commission and the SV reps. It's their job to ask questions about many aspects of the developement just like they did when the Lincoln Peak Development was proposed. Recently the RDB had a pretty healthy discussion about traffic and the grade of the new buildings from the parking lot.

Since SV has nothing to do with Sugarbush Village other than owning a couple of condos and leasing space for the Daycare Center, they have no interest in funding/building a path to the village and politely said so. Personally I would love to see a path but it has to be a joint venture and with the current economy SV is trying to keep developement costs down which is finnacially prudent IMHO.

summitchallenger
04-03-2009, 10:16 AM

Not exactly sure what you are saying Summit.....the point I was trying to make is that I hope that a simple walking path does not hold up the whole development. It seems like a small concession to get the thing pushed through. Personally I think the process with the town should be a no brainer for them in this business climate. But people in power tend to abuse it for all kinds of reasons and not just in Vermont.

I'm saying that it sounds like some folks don't want to see the path relocated (making for a longer walk).

Plowboy
04-03-2009, 10:30 AM
Win's word.

http://www.valleyreporter.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2266&Itemid=59

ski_resort_observer
04-03-2009, 10:48 AM
An interesting sidenote, Miron, former owner of Sugarbush Village Property Management(they manage hundreds of condos in Sugarbush Village and own the commercial area).... is now Warren's Zoning Administrator & Coordinator/ Advisor to the Development Review Board.

djd66
04-03-2009, 03:29 PM
I agree with what Win is saying. I am also a big fan of Milty! I still don't get what the people in the condo association are saying,... When 88 units of condos are built - the businesses in the village will benefit from more business. (path or no path) As far as a path - please some one enlighten me - where would such path go. Do you want a path in the middle of the ski trail?? (please don't do that) If you are the only ones that will benefit from this path - why would you expect for Sugarbush to pay for it.

castlerock
04-05-2009, 05:48 PM
One of the issues the planning commission has is to make sure that buildings are created in an integrated nature with the existing community. This integration is evaluated on several levels, aesthetics, traffic, etc. The last thing we want as a community is a big monolith designed to cut off access to the village. Any development needs to take that into consideration.

Jester
04-18-2009, 04:33 PM
Does anyone know when they will start breaking ground on this project? May or June 09'