PDA

View Full Version : If there was a spring skiing day on a weekend...

Lostone
03-28-2009, 09:52 PM
. . . this was it! 8)

Bright sun, warm temps. Line at Bravo Bigger line at Heaven's Gate. Why? The barren wasteland that was Ripcord, last week, was a corn playground, today!

I skied until just before noon, stopped for over 2 hours, mostly standing around, to shoot the pond skimming, then was just going out to swap my skis around, with the shop, but Gatehouse was way over there, and Bravo was over here and... I skied until 4:00. :roll:

My legs are screaming at me! (I told them I wasn't going back out, after all that skiing. . . but what a day!)

I have a ton of pix that I'm partially done going thru. Hopefully posted in the next day, or so.

shadyjay
03-29-2009, 04:37 PM
I second Lostone's comments to the max! Saturday was THE DAY for spring skiing.

My coordinators and other "ops" were able to give me breaks, as Gate House was dead most of the day (but not as dead as Sunday was). There were some great turns to be had, though I stuck on GH side, and did get up to the 'Lynx for a blast down Birch Run. Friday was quite the busy day on Heaven's Gate (once the ice melted) but I'm sure it didn't come close to Saturday's crowd - from what I saw going up the 'Lynx.

HowieT2
03-29-2009, 06:24 PM
One of the best spring skiing days ever. Ripcord was great as was Paradise. Even got a couple runs in the woods.
The plaza was rocking apres. It looked like a fraternity party. great fun.

John Walden
03-30-2009, 12:46 PM
I second that motion!!!!!!!!!!