PDA

View Full Version : Bag Room Theft

Chewbarka
03-16-2009, 02:32 PM
Just a heads up everyone: My buddy had his gear bag stolen from the upstairs bag room yesterday. Estimated loss: $600.00. (outer layer, sunglasses, shoes, a couple of under layers. Not a lot, but it adds up quick). Went to get bag after a couple beers on the deck, around 5:15 or so and it was gone. He was told today that this was the first one stolen this year, which is hopefully true. It dawns on me that it is pretty easy to lock bags to the shelves using a ski lock. Also, may not be a bad idea having your name and phone number on bag, just in case someone takes your bag by mistake and wants to return it. Food for thought... :(

Dawn Patrol
03-16-2009, 02:53 PM
Bummer... Hopefully it was an honest mistake.. Check back with guest services in a couple days.

slaw
03-16-2009, 03:03 PM
Bummer Transpack? A few weeks ago I walked into the lower level bag room to an empty spot on the shelf. As I started to bum a guy walked in with my bag realizing he grabbed the wrong blue and grey Transpack. Put my name on it that night. Hope you get lucky......

Hawk
03-16-2009, 04:16 PM
That really sucks. I had that happen to me a long time ago. Now I chain my bag to the post on the shelf. I also do not leave exepnsive things in my bag. I realize that on spring days like these it's hard not to leave clothing behind but I personally do not trust people.

win
03-16-2009, 07:49 PM
This is really unusual. Do check with guest services. In most cases, someone has walked off with the wrong bag or skis and only realizes it later.

RopeTow
04-11-2009, 09:49 AM
My wife and I left our snow shoes under a bench mid-winter with soft hats and driving gloves stuffed in. Mine were years old Merrells but hers were new Beans. We were quite surprised that someone took them. Guest Services encouraged us to hope that it was a mistake and they would be returned, but no luck. I drove home in my socks! (Can't work the clutch, gas and brakes in my ski boots :)

HowieT2
04-11-2009, 10:43 AM
wouldn't work in the lodge, but perhaps installing video cameras in the boot rooms with big signs, even if they aren't functional, would deter theft.