PDA

View Full Version : Egan's Goulash

MntMan4Bush
03-16-2009, 09:18 AM
Did Egan's change their recipe for Hungarian Goulash? I think they did at some point this year. I asked our waitress about it and she said no, but there is no way it's the same. The old recipe had a nice spicy Hungarian paprika and now it's kind of flat. That was my Go To Dish whenever I went there and now not so much. Others I've asked say they noted the difference too. If anyone from Egan's reads this please go back to the old recipe. It was the best Goulash I've ever had.

HowieT2
03-16-2009, 09:31 AM
Did Egan's change their recipe for Hungarian Goulash? I think they did at some point this year. I asked our waitress about it and she said no, but there is no way it's the same. The old recipe had a nice spicy Hungarian paprika and now it's kind of flat. That was my Go To Dish whenever I went there and now not so much. Others I've asked say they noted the difference too. If anyone from Egan's reads this please go back to the old recipe. It was the best Goulash I've ever had.

I've never had it myself, but I heard the Hungarian Goulash in the CastleRock Pub is great.

Strat
03-16-2009, 11:46 AM
Next time you're there, feel free to go up and ask the chefs - they're happy to chat for a sec if they're not too busy.