PDA

View Full Version : Status of FIS? Black Diamond?

summitchallenger
03-13-2009, 08:50 AM
I noticed that FIS and Black Diamond were closed. Any hopes that they will be reopened this weekend if the temps rise? Any chance FIS might be groomed tonight? (gasp) Or are both rock and grass? Thanks.

skibum1321
03-13-2009, 09:11 AM
They were frozen solid, but they will be back when they soften up a bit.

freeheel_skier
03-13-2009, 11:06 AM
I noticed that FIS and Black Diamond were closed. Any hopes that they will be reopened this weekend if the temps rise? Any chance FIS might be groomed tonight? (gasp) Or are both rock and grass? Thanks.

No chance of grooming. I thought I heard that the winch cat was not working. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

summitchallenger
03-13-2009, 11:31 AM

No chance of grooming. I thought I heard that the winch cat was not working. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

IIRC I saw the winch unit taken off the groomer a while back....not sure if that is still the case. FIS I believe is the only trail at ME that needs a winch cat. Maybe Exterminator.

win
03-14-2009, 02:38 PM
Yes, The winch at ME in broken and won't be fixed until after ME closes. You are correct about where it is needed. FIS for sure but also Cliffs now. FIS and Black Diamond should ski well tomorrow.

MntMan4Bush
03-16-2009, 08:50 AM
Skied North on Sunday. Black Diamond had some crust that needed more chewing. FIS was skiing pretty well in my opinion. The men's tees were still closed because the upper part looked like a glazed donut, but the lower entry had some fun stuff to the skiers left where the sun hit it. Ended up spending some time on the Summit chair because.........gasp..............North Ridge was down at about 1 or so and didn't come back up. I actually jinxed it I think. I was riding up the run before it went down and said "You know NR hasn't broken in a few weeks. Not bad." Then 15 minutes later............. No joke. Next time I'll keep my mouth shut.