PDA

View Full Version : Online Music Station

noski
03-12-2009, 02:44 PM
Random topic- I have recently discovered Pandora.com for online music source. They build a custom station for you based on your preferences. I clamp on the headphones and dive into Quickbooks, typing a newsletter or some other task that is easier when I am not inturrupted. I typed in "a cappella" and am enjoying a very diverse stream. Do you have a favorite online source for streaming music?

Yard Sale
03-12-2009, 03:00 PM
Pandora is very cool.

Some Radio Stations that stream that I like are

WMVY Martha's Vineyard Radio
WXGR Portsmouth, NH
WERS Emerson College, Boston

Strat
03-12-2009, 03:37 PM
Pandora is great, until it gets old. At least in my experience, the selections become very repetitive. I like streaming The Point and WCLX myself.

Lostone
03-12-2009, 04:01 PM
Because Mr computer is so old, I don't get a very good experience from streaming. Instead, I use my interweb connection to download podcasts.

I started with programs that were normally on VPR, but not when I was able to listen. Then I discovered the Podcast directory. (http://www.npr.org/rss/podcast/podcast_directory.php?type=title) I can then download the programs and ieither listen to them on my computer, or (more often) on an MP3 player.

Should our fundraiser become successful, WMRW (95.1) is hoping to start streaming. Then those of you in the hinterlands or the French zone will be able to listen to my show, on Thursday mornings, from 8:00 to 10:00AM. I'm suuuure you're all looking forward to that! :wink:

HowieT2
03-16-2009, 09:33 AM
Pandora is great, until it gets old. At least in my experience, the selections become very repetitive. I like streaming The Point and WCLX myself.

My wife and I were talking about that this weekend. Why do they play the same songs over and over again????
Great concept but needs more variety.