PDA

View Full Version : Spring Perfection!

Dawn Patrol
03-08-2009, 05:53 PM
What a weekend! The mountain was skiing great. All the usual suspects were hit, egan's, the bear claw, christmas tree and the maverick line which was absolutely perfect!

mattlucas
03-08-2009, 06:16 PM
Post pics and directions!

bill-now
03-08-2009, 06:57 PM
Post pics and directions!

Oh boy, here we go again!

mattlucas
03-08-2009, 07:05 PM
GPS 2

shadyjay
03-08-2009, 09:09 PM
What a [warm] weekend... saw lots of folks out on the patios, the grills were going, and the sun was partially shining. But it all comes with a price.....

* a little "pond skimming" at the base of GH, with a bigger pond in the "drink" at the top of GH
* bare spots developing on snowmaking trails - had to tell patrol of a spot that developed on pushover
* 1% grooming on sunday - while most here don't care 'bout grooming, a lot of the weekend crowd does, and we 'passed the word'
* slide brook work roads are on their 'last legs' - she may not run without some descent white this week

But you know what they say....

"you take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have.........."

mattlucas
03-08-2009, 09:23 PM
i won't go to gatehouse because someone cut me. Are there any cool terrain features you can show me over there? I saw a Youtube video called "sleeper extreme" once, but it isn't on the trailmap anywhere. :(

Yard Sale
03-08-2009, 09:39 PM
It was a nice a very weekend of spring skiing. Too bad it's still winter. This unseasonably warm weekend got me thinking. It got me thinking about some important questions about beer.

1.) Are there going to be any taps set up on the new deck, or are beer purchases at GH only in the CRB?

2.) Are there going to be any tables set up down on the remaing patio down right outside the pub?

If the answers to both of these questions is yes, that would be ideal. I like the idea of multi-tiered outdoor alcohol consumption.

P.S. Congrats to all participants and organizers of the CR Extreme this past weekend. Watched a good amount of it. Saw some pretty good stuff.

ski_resort_observer
03-09-2009, 06:17 AM
It was a nice a very weekend of spring skiing. Too bad it's still winter. .

Sorry, winter is back, about 4" so far, hopefully mother nature will add some more to that. :D

John Walden
03-09-2009, 06:55 AM
Some observations from this past weekend:

1. There seemed to be a lot of rude skiiers and riders this weekend. I saw one skiier talking on the phone in middle of Domino chute and was offended when I told him to get off the trail. I observed two skiiers yelling at each other on the run out to Bravo about who cut off who. I thought I was at Kmart for a minute. I had two boarders who cut me off at GH who were looking for a beef.

2. I wanted to add what Yardsale commented on. Why wasn't an outdoor bar set up at the new patio? Going down to the Pub and navigating thru the cafeteria was not pleasant. You lost a lot of business with this scenerio. A guy with a cooler of beer would of made out like a bandit.

3. Other than that, another great spring skiing weekend at the Bush.

4. What was the fireworks Saturday night for? I thought Les Otten was back for a minute.

Hawk
03-09-2009, 07:50 AM
4. What was the fireworks Saturday night for? I thought Les Otten was back for a minute.

We were wondering the same. We were just sitting in the condo looking out and all of a sudden there they were. Worked out nice for me. It was my anniversary so I told my wife that I did them for her.... :wink

Plowboy
03-09-2009, 08:33 AM

We were wondering the same. We were just sitting in the condo looking out and all of a sudden there they were. Worked out nice for me. It was my anniversary so I told my wife that I did them for her.... :wink

No way, my beautiful girlfriend(aka Ditchgirl) told me she had it done to celebrate Plowboy's first day on boards in 2yrs. :shock: :lol:

slaw
03-09-2009, 09:38 AM
http://www.petersfundracer.com/

madhavok
03-17-2009, 06:33 AM
Great weekened, left me a little battered up but it was worth it. Still enough snow in the woods to make some good turns but watch out for the little vegetation poking through. Hit the same spots and more (eden, & gangster) that you did and most of them were good. Egans & gangster was a little frozen because the don't have the best exposure. The others you mentioned were great and I enjoy the challenge.