PDA

View Full Version : Current conditions

Last Tracks
02-09-2009, 11:20 AM
Considering going up this afternoon.

The snow was transitioning when i skied Saturday afternoon...

MRG snow report this morning said upper part of their mtn escaped the thaw..

Anyone who skied Sunday or today... -did it crust up in the woods up top or is it still fluffy?

mountainsider
02-09-2009, 04:52 PM
I cannot speak for today but the upper trails off of HG missed the melt off and were great on Sunday. Not sure that I have ever seen Ripcord ski so well. Spills was also great. As for the lower part of the mountain.....not so much. From the top of SB the trails were bulletproof and the lower half of runs like Moonshine went from soft to not over the day.

A special thanks to the Ski Patroller who tipped us off to the great snow as we scraped down lower twist.

win
02-10-2009, 08:35 AM
Groomed trails are skiing really nicely. I was an ME for most of yesterday, but did get around LP a bit as well.

The natural trails are variable. I found really nice snow on the bump lines of Looking Good at ME and thought Ripcord at the very end of the day at LP was superb. However, the moguls on Twist and Which Way were hard and I imagine that most other midmountain mogul runs were as well. The are edgeable but firm. It is softening up the next few days and then we have our fingers crossed for the end of the week. We will be getting some precipitation and it appears it will start of rain, and some freezing rain but hopefully end with snow on Thursday night and into Friday. Still to early to predict accurately.