PDA

View Full Version : Food at the Bush -

mattlucas
02-06-2009, 04:54 PM
Dear SB,

I think you've found the right guy in the new chef. I barely eat in lodges but I had to give in a few times. - most of the food I saw in the last week looked more than edible - but
also healthy and fairly priced.

I basically can't say enough good things about the upgrades over the last few years in both the facilities and now, menu. Good work and I hope that the trend continues.

Does he also do the menu at the Glen House? I saw people going crazy for the bisque and cheese steak sandwiches. That lodge is one of my faves.

P.S. Not food related but please consider keeping the wifi on at the gatehouse after hours, at least while the pub is still open. I wouldn't mind coming back at the end of the day with my
laptop to check my email over a few beers. Thanks!

bill-now
02-06-2009, 09:22 PM
I don't think they usually shut off gate house access; I am posting this from the gate house WI-FI at 9:20 PM.

mattlucas
02-06-2009, 09:52 PM
hmm wasn't working for me the other day.......Timbers did work and they were serving cold beer as well, i just felt a little weird busting out the laptop in a restaurant.

HowieT2
02-06-2009, 10:31 PM
love the chicken enchilada soup

MntMan4Bush
02-09-2009, 09:10 AM
Jerk chicken wings. That's all that needs to be said.

djd66
02-09-2009, 09:22 AM
I had a great meal at Timbers Saturday night. Rib eye steak,... mmmmmm! Service was ecellent too. The only bummer was we forgot our 2 for 1 coupon.

sgottmann
02-09-2009, 09:52 AM
Dear SB,

I basically can't say enough good things about the upgrades over the last few years in both the facilities and now, menu. Good work and I hope that the trend continues.

I agree. The food at GH and Castlerock is much improved. Reasonably priced for ski mountain too.

noski
02-09-2009, 10:18 AM
I had a great meal at Timbers Saturday night. Rib eye steak,... mmmmmm! Service was ecellent too. The only bummer was we forgot our 2 for 1 coupon.

I too had the (excellent) ribeye the night of the Cabaret. Dinner companions had the Yak and loved it. Next Cabaret is Feb 20- you can see Mr. noski performing songs of "Bad Apples of Broadway". :)