PDA

View Full Version : The Church

iceman
01-19-2009, 09:48 PM
How far past BearClaw is the Church and is there an easy way to find the entry? Inquiring minds would love to know

skibum1321
01-19-2009, 10:37 PM
I'm sure someone here would love to show you in person, but this topic is inappropriate here. Please lock this.

mattlucas
01-19-2009, 11:01 PM
dude has three posts, give it up already!!!!!!

J to the K

Plowboy
01-20-2009, 06:51 AM
How far past BearClaw is the Church and is there an easy way to find the entry? Inquiring minds would love to know

Where is BearClaw? :lol:

freeheel_skier
01-20-2009, 07:49 AM

Where is BearClaw? :lol:

Exactly!

Just take HG and hike to the top. Head due south on the LT. There is an information booth near Mt. Abraham. Ask there :lol:

Hawk
01-20-2009, 07:54 AM
Iceman, It's very obvious however there is simply not enought snow. There is always a way around things when the snow depth gets deep. Right now I would say not so much. I would wait for a larger size dump to fill in all the rocks and small trees. I did see people going up there. :shock: I am sure it was very challenging.

I guess if your looking for the easy way down that bit then you might not want to go up there. :wink:

iceman
01-20-2009, 10:01 AM

J to the K

Provides you with "elite" status. I thought that was reserved for Claybrook.

boze
01-20-2009, 10:35 AM

J to the K

Provides you with "elite" status. I thought that was reserved for Claybrook.

Not so much. Post frequency & content simply give others a sense of what another person's about - at elast as far as can be achieved online. It also demonstrates, to a degree, one's level of engagement with the community, such as it is. So let's avoid dragging the Claybrook convo into this please.

As you might be aware, detailed knowledge of the woods / backcountry and their stashes are topics that are pretty much universally closely guarded 'secrets'. It's certainly not fodder for posting online - for obvious reasons. So if you have to ask, ask someone you know - or find a more personal & discreet way to get the info. Ever see a group of folks waiting on the side of a trail, waiting for traffic to clear? Could be they are waiting to drop into a favored line. There's a reason discretion is exercised in the real world, even more so in the online one. Sorry if this chaps your backside, but just trying to give some perspective.

iceman
01-20-2009, 01:46 PM
Thanks for your insight - understood, just didn't think that the trail was such a secret as you can see it from HG. I have been a lurker on this board for quite some time and now I know why I don't post very often. Never will I make this mistake again.

boze
01-20-2009, 02:39 PM
Did not mean to turn you off from this board; was simply sharing some conventional wisdom. My sense after several seasons posting here is no one is mean-spirited. Guarded about certain info, yes. Lively, absolutely. And opinionated, certainly. But that's all to be expected, enjoyed and taken in stride.

As an aside, I'm pretty sure you'd have received very different feedback to posting a trip report, as opposed to, say, inquiring about off-piste access points - even one whose terrain features can be seen from afar.

Anyway, you might want to avail yourself of the outback / mtn guided tours. They tend to focus on slidebrok area but you'd be talking to the right folks should you wish to arrange somethig up near the Church. And that's way easier than pacing off distances along the LT...

freeheel_skier
01-20-2009, 04:06 PM
Even if you can see the tree lines, it is kind of "frowned" upon to discuss on a public forum. I liken it to talking on your cell phone on the chairlift! :shock:

I think this place is very civilized compared to other message boards. :wink:

barkbiter
01-20-2009, 05:11 PM

Don't listen to the gomers and gapers on here. Just go a little bit more past bearclaw , the first entrance is over the cliff ( about a 30 footer), go to the left and find the easier way in , which is still usually a 7 footer, followed by an 8 footer, and another 8 footer.

Don't judge the Bush by these guys. There is a lot of trash talk, but this past weekend, a week after the last significant dump. we found plenty of powder in the trees..........in bounds ! Where were all these guys ? Typing and not skiing, I'll venture.

Secret Stash my ash !!!!! You can see it from the lift ! What's wrong with a little advice ?

Win, nice of you to say hello to me and my boys this weekend.

The man, the legend, tumbling down The Church with badly tuned skiis.................................BB

Last Tracks
01-20-2009, 06:22 PM
amen

mattlucas
01-20-2009, 07:06 PM
agree to disagree, i don't like posting off the map stuff on messageboards. You can see slidebrook from the chair, but if i see some gapers making their way to it off of a lift, I might even ask them if they know what their doing. nothing wrong with keeping everyone safe (and the powder, too).

barkbiter
01-20-2009, 08:28 PM
agree to disagree, i don't like posting off the map stuff on messageboards. You can see slidebrook from the chair, but if i see some gapers making their way to it off of a lift, I might even ask them if they know what their doing. nothing wrong with keeping everyone safe (and the powder, too).

Keeping everyone safe ? How in the world would anyone do that ?
Perhaps we should stand on top of icy bump runs and warn people away.
Also, please, the poor english. " if they know what their doing."
Children read this board !!! Kids, it's "they're" not "their" in this case. Puhlease.

Careful on that keyboard fella !

Skiing with my GPS on....................secret web site coming soon.

castlerock
01-20-2009, 08:47 PM
Not The Church.

mattlucas
01-20-2009, 08:55 PM
ha, but there are definitely lots of people who will just do something cause "they heard it was good" even if it exceeds their ability.

sounds good with the site though, looking forward to some good routes to jerusalem.

Treehugger
01-20-2009, 09:52 PM
worth much effort anyway. Skied plenty of times way back when. Coupla turns for bragging rights, then same lines ya coulda skied with much less work.

Dawn Patrol
01-20-2009, 10:03 PM

Keeping everyone safe ? How in the world would anyone do that ?
Perhaps we should stand on top of icy bump runs and warn people away.
Also, please, the poor english. " if they know what their doing."
Children read this board !!! Kids, it's "they're" not "their" in this case. Puhlease.

Careful on that keyboard fella !

Skiing with my GPS on....................secret web site coming soon.

Irony finally has a definition.

mattlucas
01-20-2009, 10:08 PM
a dreaded their/they're mistake!

stupid public schools....how unbarrassing!