PDA

View Full Version : Back to skiing--What are the trail conditions for the wknd?

jmac
01-16-2009, 09:38 AM
Packed, boilerplate, ice? How are the conditions up there? Need a real trail report. Heading up regardless, just want to know what we're in for (besides cold).

Thx!

Lostone
01-16-2009, 09:56 AM
Given the caveat that your conditions will be different than ours, as traffic greatly affects things, I thought skiing was quite good yesterday.

I would say yes to all you listed and add powder, crud and rock. :shock:

It is New England! We have everything! :wink:

jmac
01-16-2009, 10:03 AM
Rock? Where?

Lostone
01-16-2009, 10:21 AM
Lots of places. Usually... under my skis. :roll: :lol:

If you want to avoid them, just stay on the manufactured snow trails. They're mostly very well covered. 8)

shadyjay
01-16-2009, 07:16 PM
Everything I rode today was great... especially North Lynx. Snow up there is really good - manmade over the past week or so. Did Birch Run and Sunrise today - both were groomed. Morning Star still had some powder and looked tempting - upper section looked a little thin in spots. With 100% of the mountain now open and pretty good coverage everywhere, there's lots of options out there. Haven't been to the 'Rock yet this season but everywhere else at LP is in great shape.

skiladi
01-16-2009, 08:09 PM
Just watched NECN and they are calling for quite a storm tonight. Who Knew?? I would have already been there with some advance notice. :x See ya Sunday. Teleo , you out there? Trees to be had. ; }

Last Tracks
01-16-2009, 09:02 PM
i just left Miguel's up at the mtn and had to brush a couple inches off my car. the skiing is good.

HowieT2
01-17-2009, 06:56 PM
today was fantastic, especially Birch run in the morning. It was worth the wait. It could not have been better.
Middle earth was good and the base in the woods is much improved.

shadyjay
01-17-2009, 07:01 PM
today was fantastic, especially Birch run in the morning. It was worth the wait. It could not have been better.

Hope you (and everyone else at North Lynx today) liked the tunes! For Sunday I'll be taking requests... but "make the lift go faster" is unfortunetly not one of them. :D
My 4:10 run down Birch Run was a little slick in the beginning, but the volume of traffic that run got today justifies that. For a while, we were seeing lots of full chairs.
Friday morning was the time to be on the 'Lynx... cold yes, but empty slopes and great surface.

HowieT2
01-17-2009, 08:59 PM

Hope you (and everyone else at North Lynx today) liked the tunes! For Sunday I'll be taking requests... but "make the lift go faster" is unfortunetly not one of them. :D
My 4:10 run down Birch Run was a little slick in the beginning, but the volume of traffic that run got today justifies that. For a while, we were seeing lots of full chairs.
Friday morning was the time to be on the 'Lynx... cold yes, but empty slopes and great surface.

Was that you manning the lift?

shadyjay
01-17-2009, 09:19 PM
up top all day, and tomorrow too

HowieT2
01-17-2009, 10:38 PM
up top all day, and tomorrow too

then thanks for giving me the time as I was getting off the chair around 10:30. Good to put a face to shady jay.