PDA

View Full Version : An open question to Sugarbush

Dawn Patrol
01-13-2009, 08:58 AM
If we are going to have a fast pass system like disney world, how much will it cost to have the same mountain access rights as Claybrook owners? Understand that buy a condo is not the answer as when all units are sold it will not be an option. This is not a question about how much it matters to other forum members, or whether or not they have principles. It's a simple question of how much does it cost and where can i buy it. I don't want lessons, and I don't want to be slowed down by the bush pilots, I just want the mountain access the claybrook cutters have (early skiing and line cutting). So how much is it? How much does it cost to be special at Sugarbush?

summitchallenger
01-13-2009, 09:00 AM
If we are going to have a fast pass system like disney world, how much will it cost to have the same mountain access rights as Claybrook owners? Understand that buy a condo is not the answer as when all units are sold it will not be an option. This is not a question about how much it matters to other forum members, or whether or not they have principles. It's a simple question of how much does it cost and where can i buy it. I don't want lessons, and I don't want to be slowed down by the bush pilots, I just want the mountain access the claybrook cutters have (early skiing and line cutting). So how much is it? How much does it cost to be special at Sugarbush?

Why start a new thread on this?

MntMan4Bush
01-13-2009, 09:08 AM
My guess is that this thread was started because the other thread seemed focused on the impact of Claybrook owners line policy, the volume it would or would not be and whether or not it was a good policy. This idea is different and hopefully will not mention Claybrook. Given that SV is always looking for a way to generate revenue it's not out of the question to ask how much it would take to put in place.

For what it's worth my friend and I also discussed the idea of paying for guaranteed powder. We figured you'd pay by the inch. We could pass a hat around collecting.....

Dawn Patrol
01-13-2009, 09:11 AM
because the other one got filled with rhetoric and opinions on how much it should matter to me. This is just a question to sv.

Yard Sale
01-13-2009, 09:23 AM
The policy is not out of line IMHO. Although I do not, I can understand how some might get their nose out of joint over it. But the bottom line is: The impact is minimal. Summit Ventures IS a private company. It has rights to the use of public land. So I imagine that this type of additioanal ammenity is either addressed or will be addressed in the lease agreemtn between SV and US forrestry.

You don't have to agree with everything SV does, but I think if you are operating with any objectivity as principled as you claim to be that you must agree that Summit Ventures does a very good job overall.

O.k. we get it. Your deeply offended. Move on already.

Hawk
01-13-2009, 09:35 AM
I gave up yesterday. He is really pissed about this. There is something about these wealthy people cutting him that has put him on tilt. Let him go.
It has become more interesting to me to see if this post will actually make a difference....

Lostone
01-13-2009, 09:45 AM
This subject is already covered in the other thread, which is currently running.

I'm locking this one.

Please feel free to continue the conversation in the other, which covers this and more.