PDA

View Full Version : THIS Week's Observations: Update for 1/11-1/12

summitchallenger
01-12-2009, 01:46 PM
So here are my observations from this week for comment...

1. Took a friend to Lincoln Peak on Saturday. He had a VSAA Gold Card, which entitled him to a free ticket. Just before we got to the counter, we heard the reps complaining to each other about VSAA Coupon Book Tix, which the VSAA did not publish the Saturday black out on. Apparently some problems and major headaches. Well, I feared for my friend because he had a card (different promo) but the ticket agent smiled, processed the request, and handed him a ticket.

2. Overall, things were running very well. Lines were moving quickly, lifties were not getting hung up on scanning every single person if there was a jam.

3. Guns going full blaze on North Lynx.

4. Effort was made to get Castlerock open...it was clear that some snow was blown in the entrance from Lower Deathspout. Kudos, hope you can blow some more because the rocks are still poking out a bit.

5. My friend was quite impressed with the service and people. He liked the lodge and was very happy with the quality and price of his lunch, which he bought in Gate House. He bought the special meal of the day--looked like General Tsao's chicken. Man, it looked tasty. He said it was a good value for ski resort food--he is a real miser and was happy.

6. We did apres ski at Lincoln Peak. C-Rock Pub was packed. Despite this, we did manage to get a couple chairs at a table and the bartender was very quick to get our order. Not sure what can be done about crowding...they already expanded once. Maybe more standing room?

And for my visit to Ellen on Sunday:

1. Shuttle service was great getting folks up out of the lots.

2. Snowmaking was going on many runs--FIS, Rim Run, and Bravo Headwall to name a few. Kudos to that.

3. The lodge was busy, but there was plenty of elbow room and I noticed that someone was doing a good job reminding people to keep things off the floor and in bins/shelves rather than thrown on the floor (a certain kind of skier is notorious for this behavior as I have learned from skiing at Burke).

4. Lifties were all informed as to status of North Ridge and kept the lines moving.

5. SBX is still down and looks like it will never run. :?

All in all, a good review. My friend said he will be back.