PDA

View Full Version : Where'd they go??

Lostone
01-03-2009, 08:19 PM
Got up a little early today. Had gotten out a little late, yesterday and had wished I'd gotten a little more skiing, before the crowds got silly.

Looked out the slider and found that it was snowing like crazy!

Got to the base area around 7:55. Expected the corral to be full. There were about 5 sets of people, there! And three of them had lesthan 4 people in the set. By 8:00, I don't think there were 10 sets there.

Skiing was... awesome! Bunch of runs off Bravo. Most of 4 of them were in untracked. Headed for Heaven's Gate, just after 9:00. They weren't loading, as I came to the lift. There was a big line, waiting. Rather than waiting with them, I continued down Lower Downspout. They were waiting in line, and I was getting knee shots.

Cycled around, and when i got back to Heaven's Gate, again, there were about 10 people there, trying to get organized. Shot to the lift and up. I was halfway up Lower Ripcord when the first two came down. Steady knee deep!

Still, I had no trouble finding untracked, by the time I made my way down... both times.

No lines to speak of for the rest of the time I was out there.

Where did everyone go? Did people come up for the wind and rain, recovery, cold, windholds, and then leave before the snow??? :shock:

Shame... because there was skiing to be done.

I.... I did some of it. :wink:

HowieT2
01-03-2009, 09:13 PM
Got up a little early today. Had gotten out a little late, yesterday and had wished I'd gotten a little more skiing, before the crowds got silly.

Looked out the slider and found that it was snowing like crazy!

Got to the base area around 7:55. Expected the corral to be full. There were about 5 sets of people, there! And three of them had lesthan 4 people in the set. By 8:00, I don't think there were 10 sets there.

Skiing was... awesome! Bunch of runs off Bravo. Most of 4 of them were in untracked. Headed for Heaven's Gate, just after 9:00. They weren't loading, as I came to the lift. There was a big line, waiting. Rather than waiting with them, I continued down Lower Downspout. They were waiting in line, and I was getting knee shots.

Cycled around, and when i got back to Heaven's Gate, again, there were about 10 people there, trying to get organized. Shot to the lift and up. I was halfway up Lower Ripcord when the first two came down. Steady knee deep!

Still, I had no trouble finding untracked, by the time I made my way down... both times.

No lines to speak of for the rest of the time I was out there.

Where did everyone go? Did people come up for the wind and rain, recovery, cold, windholds, and then leave before the snow??? :shock:

Shame... because there was skiing to be done.

I.... I did some of it. :wink:

today was great. I did laps off HG for the first time this season. Knee deep in the real fluffy stuff. What a pleasant surprise.
It was so good I skied the afternoon with only one contact lens.

As for the crowds, we were wondering the same thing. Maybe the holiday rentals went until today and since the Mtn only reported 3", they left. I actually spoke with a woman who was complaining about the snow because she preferred groomers
:shock: :shock: more for us.

Hawk
01-04-2009, 09:02 AM
I concur. No Lines great snow. My day went: Steins, Steins, Murphys.....Repeat many times. I ventured off into the low angle woods. The lower on the hill you got the more sketchy it got. We need more snow! A great day with friends and Family.