PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday Report

summitchallenger
01-02-2009, 06:03 PM
Date skied: December 31, 2008

Resort: Sugarbush—Mount Ellen

Conditions: FG, Ice.

Weather: Brutally cold and windy. Temps falling into the single digits and near 0F.

2008-2009 Report #: 10

Report: Short report, no pics because it was too cold. I pulled into the lot at about 1pm to make some turns on my way back to Burlington. Yikes, it was cold, windy, and icy.

Made my one and only run off the top first thing...as one person said, "there is no reason for anyone to be up there." FIS is ice and rocks :( Rim Run was quite icy at the top, but the lower part was nice and in sheltered spots skied well. Looking Good was not looking soo good...icy so I avoided it.

Elbow skied nicely, but GMVS freestyle, for some reason, built a freestyle bump run on the last pitch before Spread Eagle. That's nice, but it forced holiday traffic onto one stretch of trail that is one groomer width wide and today was an iced sluice way. Again, not sure what the idea was....

Anyways, Cruiser and Northstar skied OK, but as expected, were worn down. I decided to do a spin on Inverness and it was OK. I closed with two runs on Riemergasse, which had great grooming and good snow. It was sheltered as well. I know, the bunny slope, but it was nice.

This doesn't sound like much, but it was about 2.5 hours of skiing with all the stops and warm up breaks in between. I'm afraid I got some frostbite on my cheeks.....

As BMM said, we are recovering. I did not venture onto anything ungroomed. North Ridge was spinning but it was a cold ride.