PDA

View Full Version : may ride the bush monday 12/27. need some help...

green mtns rider
12-27-2008, 11:43 AM
im down the road at K, have a buddy up in barre, and were looking to possibly ride some where this monday. i know what the conditions are like here at K, and what the crowds will be like on monday, so im not too keen on 1) buying a lift ticket to sit in lift lines, as my midweek pass is blacked out till 1/5 and 2) dont want to lay down the $75 to ride the same ice i can find here. so if anyone can let me know how crowded it currently is up there (today should be about as good an indication as there is) and what kind of shape the hill is in, it would be MUCH appreciated. thanks in advance everyone...

Lostone
12-27-2008, 03:34 PM
It wasn't really crowded, when I was out.

But it was raining quite heavily. Snow was great, but I was soaked thru and off by 11:30.

shadyjay
12-27-2008, 06:27 PM
Big thing to keep in mind for Monday is that the temps are going to drop Sunday night. There will be snowmaking (weather permitting) Sun night and most likely grooming on the traditional+ runs. If you go beyond those groomed runs on Monday, it will most likely be rough. It is tough to say how conditions will be.

Today had soft snow but was definetely wet. The crowds were minimal (for holiday week) as many were just coasting right up from corral entrance to the "checkers" without wait. We are expecting next week to be very busy starting Tuesday. Monday is our transition day.

Also keep in mind if this front goes through, it'll be windy and those may stick around into Monday. Icing also a possibility so there may be delays Mon AM.