PDA

View Full Version : $25.00 for replacement pass?

Last Tracks
12-23-2008, 11:50 AM
I lost my pass a couple days ago. Probably ripped off my coat somewhere in the woods. It's $25.00 to issue a replacement.

I understand there are loss prevention issues and that the piece of plastic does cost something (but so do the 3 lift tickets I've been issued since I lost it) but after spending almost $1,200.00 on a full pass I feel nickel and dimed....

My suggestion would be either...

1. the first replacement is free then 25.00 after that..

2. $10.00 to replace....

file this under suggestion box.

vonski
12-23-2008, 12:25 PM
Also, this year you can add optional SEASON PASS INSURANCE.
A $38 Fee at time of purchase allows for one-time pass replacement OR a one-time forgotten pass voucher. Without this insurance, replacement cost for a pass is $75. Or if you have forgotten your pass, you will have to purchase a daily lift ticket at full retail rates.

This is Stowe's policy. So, I think it is just keeping up with the times. also notice that you have gotten three day passes no problem. So, still way Better at the Bush! I agree though it should still be only a nominal charge. Stowe must have had problems or something!

boze
12-23-2008, 02:10 PM
A nominal replacement fee does have a downside in that some folks may be a little less careful.
Accidents do happen, so maybe a lower $10-15 for 1st loss (per annum) to cover costs, increasing to $30-50 after that.

Last Tracks
12-23-2008, 02:28 PM
Hi there, i'm here with my wife and 2 kids... we've been coming here a couple years and just bought Stowe passes this year but my wife forgot them on the table at home.

Did you buy our pass protection plan (underwriten by AIG Structured Products, London branch)?

No....

That will be $300.00 then.

This isn't keeping up with the times. It's a perfect illustration of a counter-productive policy at a company that lost its way.

Yard Sale
12-23-2008, 02:35 PM
A nominal replacement fee does have a downside in that some folks may be a little less careful.
Accidents do happen, so maybe a lower $10-15 for 1st loss (per annum) to cover costs, increasing to $30-50 after that.

Agreed.

Last Tracks
12-23-2008, 02:50 PM
i would agree that 10.00 for the first replacement and $25 or so for additional replacements is fair..

but not sure why you need to charge more than cost for aditional ones unless there are potential pass fraud issues.

after all, why penalize a customer if your costs are nominal to make them happy instead? that guy who lost his pass 4 times last year might just buy a condo someday.

summitchallenger
12-23-2008, 04:26 PM
This isn't keeping up with the times. It's a perfect illustration of a counter-productive policy at a company that lost its way.

...or an illustration of how an insurance company that runs a ski area sells more insurance. :wink:

Strat
12-23-2008, 05:47 PM
The replacement fees don't make sense to me. Is there really the possibility for fraud or abuse in the replacement pass market?

Hawk
12-24-2008, 07:23 AM
I understand your frustration but every ski area has a lost pass fee. It is the standard. Having lost my pass a while back I had the same attitude when talking to the mountain. They came back with the media to make the pass, the time to make the pass and the threat of fraud are the reasons. It's basically a fine for the inconvenience. I came to the realization that I am not going to lose my pass again which I haven't. The real trick is to put your pass on a lanyard. Leaving your pass on the outside of your jacket in the woods is only asking to have it ripped off. By the sounds of your reports, you ski a lot in pass unfriendly areas..... :wink:

freeheel_skier
12-24-2008, 08:12 AM
I wear mine around my neck under my jacket. When done skiing it goes in my ski pants.

How much does it cost to replace your drivers license? :wink:

kcyanks1
12-24-2008, 09:32 AM
I wear mine around my neck under my jacket. When done skiing it goes in my ski pants.

I think NY is $10.

vonski
12-24-2008, 11:28 AM
I need to find my chain from last years pass. Those rubberized holders is what they had this year. I used to wear mine around my neck as well. I need to go back to that before that Pesky tree branch snatches it from me!!! :shock:

summitchallenger
12-24-2008, 11:44 AM
I need to find my chain from last years pass. Those rubberized holders is what they had this year. I used to wear mine around my neck as well. I need to go back to that before that Pesky tree branch snatches it from me!!! :shock:

I didn't like the rubber things this year...I use a key ring and a lock-caribiner. No problems yet!

ski_resort_observer
12-24-2008, 12:06 PM
Alot of folks like to use those zip chord holders, set you back $4 at the AG shop in Gatehouse or at Mt Ellen. Personally I use the chain thing inside my jacket like others have mentioned, never had a problem. Abit inconvenient I suppose but it sure beats losing it.

summitchallenger
12-24-2008, 12:27 PM
Alot of folks like to use those zip chord holders, set you back $4 at the AG shop in Gatehouse or at Mt Ellen. Personally I use the chain thing inside my jacket like others have mentioned, never had a problem. Abit inconvenient I suppose but it sure beats losing it.

Love the AG plug there. :wink: So when do we get a special SRO special at the stores???? :wink:

freeheel_skier
12-24-2008, 02:02 PM

I think NY is $10.

NY, Vt $15
Ma is $20
CT is $30
NH is $10

Maybe take the average? :?

castlerock
12-24-2008, 04:06 PM
One of the attributes of the current system is that there is no threat of fraud as the old pass is canceled and won't scan.

There is a some cost to print a new pass, but it takes no more than 2 minutes at the pass desk.

$25 seems like a "nickel and dime" fee as the ability to reissue the pass was one of the selling points of the less than efficient system of getting people on the chairs.

I hate it when empty chairs go up because there aren't enough scanners or fast enough scanners in the lines. I have been yelled at to stop and wait to be scanned by attendants many times over the past few weeks. It is silly actually

gone.skiing
12-25-2008, 06:31 PM
Can I get my $25 back when Bravo is down with mechanical issues on a weekend day? Last year people with day tickets got vouchers for the Feb vacation power outage, no such luck for season pass holders.

Stuff happens all the time through no fault of skier or the mountain... Anyone tried to keep track of your kid's or your own passes as you ski through the woods? Most days lines at the season pass office are not an issue, so I can't see that as a reason.

barkbiter
12-25-2008, 07:07 PM
Can I get my $25 back when Bravo is down with mechanical issues on a weekend day? Last year people with day tickets got vouchers for the Feb vacation power outage, no such luck for season pass holders.

Stuff happens all the time through no fault of skier or the mountain... Anyone tried to keep track of your kid's or your own passes as you ski through the woods? Most days lines at the season pass office are not an issue, so I can't see that as a reason.

Don't you have a ski video to watch or a backhand to practice or something else to do besides bantering with the Gomers ? I'm going to make sure your weekly beating on the tennis court is more painful than usual. BB

barkbiter
12-25-2008, 08:34 PM

Don't you have a ski video to watch or a backhand to practice or something else to do besides bantering with the Gomers ? I'm going to make sure your weekly beating on the tennis court is more painful than usual. BB

Quietly sleeping in my tennis Trophy Room.......................

Last Tracks
12-26-2008, 12:51 PM
I'm going to make sure your weekly beating on the tennis court is more painful than usual. BB

I thought animals weren't allowed in the sports center.

gone.skiing
12-31-2008, 09:40 AM

Quietly sleeping in my tennis Trophy Room.......................

Next time I am not wiping your tears off on Lift Line.

Last Tracks
01-03-2009, 07:34 AM
UPDATE - yesterday i got another "forgotten pass 1 day ticket".

i'm interested to see how many of these I can get before I am required to pay the $25 fee. maybe i can go all season!

Last Tracks
01-05-2009, 07:07 PM
So I went to get my "forgotten pass 1 day ticket" today and the friendly ticket agent said "let's just print you out a new pass.".

So I dropped 2 pairs of skis off to be tuned at the sugarbush shop instead of at the usual location to pay it forward...

All is well with world!

freeheel_skier
01-05-2009, 07:18 PM
So I went to get my "forgotten pass 1 day ticket" today and the friendly ticket agent said "let's just print you out a new pass.".

So I dropped 2 pairs of skis off to be tuned at the sugarbush shop instead of at the usual location to pay it forward...

All is well with world!

Yeh but the question is:

weren't you going to get them tuned anyway? :?

Lostone
01-05-2009, 07:36 PM
at the sugarbush shop instead of at the usual location

madhavok
01-05-2009, 08:08 PM
This is the most annoying thread ever. Please lock, delete or just let this thread die!!! If you can afford a season pass, then a $25 replacement fee is chump change.

Last Tracks
01-05-2009, 08:18 PM
take care of the pennies and the dollars take care of themselves.

Or the scallops...

http://forums.skimrv.com/viewtopic.php?t=894&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

it's the principal after all.

freeheel_skier
01-05-2009, 09:25 PM
take care of the pennies and the dollars take care of themselves.

Or the scallops...

http://forums.skimrv.com/viewtopic.php?t=894&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

it's the principal after all.

Way to use the search function! :lol:

LostOne.....

1) I was being sarcastic
B) I wasn't that funny
III) I think madhavok now has a point :shock:

:wink:

Lostone
01-05-2009, 09:39 PM
I've seen much more annoying threads than this (or that) one. :wink:

Please play nice, everyone. 8)

And Freeheel,

1) I noted the sarcasm.
B) I didn't notice the humor.

and

III) I heard you mentioned on a lift, the other day. Actually, it wasn't you, but your sig line. They were paraphrasing it to describe someone else. I really don't think they knew (or cared) who I was, but were talking among themselves.

I don't think I said anything the whole ride up... to which I'm sure people here are saying "NO... That isn't possible!" :lol:

freeheel_skier
01-13-2009, 11:12 AM
Lostone wrote:
Then I decided to fine myself $35 for stupidity

I like that idea 8) ....never occured to look @ the policy this way :wink:

edit: As stated by the LostOne (not to be confused with LoStone :? ) in another thread.