PDA

View Full Version : CR Pub

MntMan4Bush
12-22-2008, 10:39 AM
I know that just the sight of a thread named "CR Pub" would no doubt be enough to start people cringing, but not today. I will admit that when the season began, as I peered through the glass at the construction inside I was skeptical. However I had a great time Saturday at the CRP. The new addition is spacious and open. Sean and crew did a great job at the bar getting drinks to people and wait staff and the new food menu exceeded expectations. I had some jerk chicken wings that were easily an 8+ out of 10. (In all fairness I've traveled to the Caribbean a bit so perhaps in most books they'd be a 9+)

Of course time will tell as we move to busier weekends, but good job taking some pretty tough criticism from the clientele and turning it around.

One critique though. We need to have a monitor in place for the little chair gnomes in the new room. There was a army of little kids asking for chairs and it is impossible to say no to a little kid asking for a chair all bundled up in ski gear even though you know it was just an operational tactic by the parents to get them a seat. Simply not fair. I'm pretty sure rules like this are outlined in the Geneva Convention somewhere right next to the usage of bio-chemical weapons.

Lostone
12-22-2008, 07:08 PM
I'm pretty sure rules like this are outlined in the Geneva Convention somewhere right next to the usage of bio-chemical weapons.

That... That's funny! :lol:

thinksnow
12-24-2008, 01:04 PM
One critique though. We need to have a monitor in place for the little chair gnomes in the new room. There was a army of little kids asking for chairs and it is impossible to say no to a little kid asking for a chair all bundled up in ski gear even though you know it was just an operational tactic by the parents to get them a seat. Simply not fair.

When is the sign going to be placed outside the CR Pub stating "Noone under 18 admitted"? The main seating area of the lodge is a bag free zone, why not the PUB be a child-free zone?

Now this radical idea may seem a bit harsh to all the parents. And I know, I know you deserve to have an adult beverage too.... However, don't the rest of us adults who either have left the kids with the babysitter or perhaps don't have children, deserve an adult space without your screaming "angel" bugging us?

And if you have the kids with you, should you really be drinking anyway?

Hey, I'm just sayin.....

freeheel_skier
12-24-2008, 01:50 PM

Hey, I'm just sayin.....

Yup! And heavily! I do. :wink:

vonski
12-24-2008, 08:44 PM
I'll chime in on this one since I am a Loss Control professional in the insurance industry.

If they ban the kids from being in the Pub it has now become a Bar. (okay it is a technicality true, ) but it will receive a different insurance rating and be seen differently in a court of law. I know that may sound absurd but it is not. So, by allowing the kids in it is still a pub. Eventhough they serve food, it would not technically be a Bar even without the kids being allowed. But just the fact that kids are not allowed would be an indication that this is truely a drinking hole and not a Pub. Perception is truely a wonderful thing in liability claims.

The drinking age being 21 why 18? That would create even more issues for the bartenders then not to mention the insurance implications.

Yard Sale
12-24-2008, 09:12 PM

Hey, I'm just sayin.....

Yup! And heavily! I do. :wink:

Makes for an early bedtime.

HowieT2
12-24-2008, 09:35 PM
One critique though. We need to have a monitor in place for the little chair gnomes in the new room. There was a army of little kids asking for chairs and it is impossible to say no to a little kid asking for a chair all bundled up in ski gear even though you know it was just an operational tactic by the parents to get them a seat. Simply not fair.

When is the sign going to be placed outside the CR Pub stating "Noone under 18 admitted"? The main seating area of the lodge is a bag free zone, why not the PUB be a child-free zone?

Now this radical idea may seem a bit harsh to all the parents. And I know, I know you deserve to have an adult beverage too.... However, don't the rest of us adults who either have left the kids with the babysitter or perhaps don't have children, deserve an adult space without your screaming "angel" bugging us?

Hey, I'm just sayin.....

I know where you're coming from but I think it's more an issue of parents using common sense. My kids being 8 and 12, are more than capable of behaving themselves while we hang out. They actually love going to the CRP. No doubt there are some kids who are annoying but banning kids would, for all intents and purposes, force parents to leave the base as soon as the ski day is over. Until the GS lodge is operating, there is no place other than the CRP and timbers for the kids to hang after skiing. Perhaps that is something to keep in mind when the time comes, but for now, the CRP is the only game in town and closing it to all families would be a bummer for many of us.
Don't get me wrong, I understand that the CRP is a bar and therefore it is for adults to drink booze, but that doesn't mean children need to be excluded. I wouldn't have any problem with a bartender politely asking the parents of a misbehaving child to leave.

greenmtnboy
12-24-2008, 09:39 PM
Vonski,

Your info is inacurate and you should not quote safety and insurance, I've been doing work in this industry to long to listen to it. The insurance industry is only interested in one thing, who is serving alcohol or alcohol and food, and where. Period. Whether you serve food or not, it does'nt make a difference if a kid is there or not. If the mountain's insurance carrier has an issue with kids in a restaurant/bar, I'd like to know, this would be news to me. But I guess, everyone is entitled to an opinion.

That being said, I've brought my kids into the CP and the WB over the years and they are very welcome by the staff. I personally don't think that parents should be sitting at the bar or tables with their kids if they are taking up space when you have paying customers, but that is up to the mountain to make that decision as to the protocol.

We can talk about liablilty if you want, but in reality, no matter what the mountain does, the liablity will be there, whether it is in the lodge or on the slopes.

HowieT2
12-24-2008, 09:58 PM
Vonski,

Your info is inacurate and you should not quote safety and insurance, I've been doing work in this industry to long to listen to it. The insurance industry is only interested in one thing, who is serving alcohol or alcohol and food, and where. Period. Whether you serve food or not, it does'nt make a difference if a kid is there or not. If the mountain's insurance carrier has an issue with kids in a restaurant/bar, I'd like to know, this would be news to me. But I guess, everyone is entitled to an opinion.

That being said, I've brought my kids into the CP and the WB over the years and they are very welcome by the staff. I personally don't think that parents should be sitting at the bar or tables with their kids if they are taking up space when you have paying customers, but that is up to the mountain to make that decision as to the protocol.

We can talk about liablilty if you want, but in reality, no matter what the mountain does, the liablity will be there, whether it is in the lodge or on the slopes.

I'm coming from the other side being a plaintiff's lawyer, and from my perspective, liability and insurance don't have anything to do with it. I am not familiar with VT law as I practice in NY, but I don't see why whether kids are permitted makes any difference.

Now enough about work, law and insurance and back to skiing, snow and drinking.

vonski
12-24-2008, 11:21 PM
Green mountain boy

all I know is that if I were to survey the place, it would be noted as to what age is prominent for the establishment and if kids are allowed and at what times.

If the mountain's insurance carrier has an issue with kids in a restaurant/bar, I'd like to know, this would be news to me.
Also, I was not saying that kids are a problem, it would be worse to not have them.

So, enjoy CRP and remember the mountain is a family place.

Merry Christmas!