PDA

View Full Version : Inverness lift, Sat Dec 20th - what a treat!

TimKeogh
12-21-2008, 01:47 PM
No closures for GMVS racing was a huge bonus yesterday. The soft powder at the top and groomed lower half made it a great run. Also plenty of snow on Brambles and Semi-tough made those trails worth hitting more than once. Just a few streams to watch out for, but nothing major.

So we usually just do 1 run at the end of the day, instead we spent the whole afternoon on that lift! Wish it could be open all the time!!

One curiosity in the ME lodge though... The fireplace wall was painted bright red??

ski_resort_observer
12-21-2008, 07:06 PM
Inverness is one of my favorite lifts too for several reasons and BTW it does run all the time. FYI the new color over the fireplace is pomegrante and the new wall color in the stairway to the upstairs is not yellow but firefly. I'm not making this up. :wink: :lol:

BushMogulMaster
12-21-2008, 07:39 PM
Inverness is one of my favorite lifts too for several reasons and BTW it does run all the time. FYI the new color over the fireplace is pomegrante and the new wall color in the stairway to the upstairs is not yellow but firefly. I'm not making this up. :wink: :lol:

And the gray-ish color on the trim in the stairwells is "Elkhorn," IIRC. :D

summitchallenger
12-22-2008, 10:40 AM
Sunday was pretty tasty as well....Brambles was bony, but Walt's skied well as did Semi-Tough. It was nice...folks did not discover it until lunch time or so. We loved that area.

mattlucas
12-22-2008, 10:35 PM
inverness was special on saturday....couldn't believe the waterbars on walts. I was cracking up but at 4pm i was way too spent to jump them all. I might have died laughing on the mountain if it wasn't for the thought of beer and chili with my cousin at the lodge. What a great day.

summitchallenger
12-23-2008, 10:09 AM
Yes, the waterbars are quite nasty still...despite all the snow.

groomer
12-24-2008, 01:48 AM
one more good dump and the waterbars can be filled. Believe it or not there isn't quite enough material there to successfully fill them in. Unfortunately, the next couple of days ain't looking good for what we need!

groomer
12-24-2008, 01:51 AM
One other problem is that most of the waterbars and little springs that are on the mt. aren't frozen yet. Any efforts to fill them in melt in an hour any way.