PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of Slide Brook Express....

summitchallenger
12-17-2008, 08:31 AM
...is she scheduled to run this weekend or do we have to wait for that inspector?

Yard Sale
12-17-2008, 09:41 AM
...is she scheduled to run this weekend or do we have to wait for that inspector?

It does not appear that adequate snow pack will be an issue this year. Weasly inspectors on the other hand, don't appear to be as predictable as the weather.

win
12-18-2008, 11:03 AM
Shooting for next weekend the 27th. Still needs inspection. Inspector is doing North Ridge and North Lynx today. Forecasted snows should give us the snow pack we need by next weekend as weel. The shuttles are running between the mountain

Hardbooter
12-18-2008, 02:36 PM
Does anyone know exactly what the inspector does when he inspects a chairlift? I would think he would have to look at each chair, each tower and each bull wheel/carousel thingy and then the motors, backups, lift controls and electrical system that runs up the mountain. I would think that would take weeks and involve a lot of driving up the mountain and climbing lift towers and so forth. My guess is that the inspector would also want to look over all of the maintainance paperwork and so forth although maybe some state or insurance auditor would do that.
How is it that these guys can visit (or not) for a day and inspect two lifts?

ManyTurns
12-18-2008, 02:44 PM
Does anyone know exactly what the inspector does when he inspects a chairlift? I would think he would have to look at each chair, each tower and each bull wheel/carousel thingy and then the motors, backups, lift controls and electrical system that runs up the mountain. I would think that would take weeks and involve a lot of driving up the mountain and climbing lift towers and so forth. My guess is that the inspector would also want to look over all of the maintainance paperwork and so forth although maybe some state or insurance auditor would do that.
How is it that these guys can visit (or not) for a day and inspect two lifts?

Well, considering that on December 16 a Gondola lift tower collapsed at Blackcomb, injuring at least ten and requiring rescue of dozens of people, it seems that the answer to your question is that they can't.