PDA

View Full Version : Northridge Anyone??

bumpcrasher
12-16-2008, 10:10 AM
Getting fired up for the opening day at Mt. Ellen this Friday and the forecast looks sweet!!!

Just wondering if the Northridge Chair is ready to fire up on opening day. This info will be very helpful in making my most difficult decision all week---North vs. South.

Thanks!

summitchallenger
12-16-2008, 11:13 AM
Getting fired up for the opening day at Mt. Ellen this Friday and the forecast looks sweet!!!

Just wondering if the Northridge Chair is ready to fire up on opening day. This info will be very helpful in making my most difficult decision all week---North vs. South.

Thanks!

I think that everyone needs to go to South this weekend. The skiing at North will be cold, icy, and terrible. Plus you won't be able to see Lostone. He always hangs out at LP. Go South. Stay away from North. Nothing to see. :wink:

ski_resort_observer
12-16-2008, 12:08 PM

Thanks!

I think that everyone needs to go to South this weekend. The skiing at North will be cold, icy, and terrible. Plus you won't be able to see Lostone. He always hangs out at LP. Go South. Stay away from North. Nothing to see. :wink:
:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fixed it for ya :wink:

win
12-16-2008, 02:44 PM
The plan is to run it. Our inspector is scheduled to be here tomorrow to inspect Northridge and North Lynx.

vonski
12-17-2008, 11:05 AM
Win, please let us know later today, if the lifts passed inspection. and if Northridge will be running and does not have Dopplemayer bugs again this year!!!!!

BushMogulMaster
12-17-2008, 11:54 AM
Win, please let us know later today, if the lifts passed inspection. and if Northridge will be running and does not have Dopplemayer bugs again this year!!!!!

Northridge is a Leitner-Poma lift, FYI.

vonski
12-17-2008, 12:03 PM
So, is it the same as Bravo or not? I have no clue I just get on the thing!! If they are different then maybe the programmer from last year switched companies and that is why Bravo is down now!!! and Northridge will be fine. If not then lets still hope there are no bugs with Northridge this year. It is this lift that makes Ellen so perfect. Warm up on Rim Run, then Elbow and then Exterminator! Glide, turns and Bumps.!!!

Thanks for letting me know! :)

summitchallenger
12-17-2008, 12:35 PM

True, but Doppelmayr relocated it in '95 and messed it up. I believe that Poma un-messed it up in 2002. Those are very technical terms mind you :wink:

BushMogulMaster
12-17-2008, 12:39 PM
So, is it the same as Bravo or not? I have no clue I just get on the thing!! If they are different then maybe the programmer from last year switched companies and that is why Bravo is down now!!! and Northridge will be fine. If not then lets still hope there are no bugs with Northridge this year. It is this lift that makes Ellen so perfect. Warm up on Rim Run, then Elbow and then Exterminator! Glide, turns and Bumps.!!!

Thanks for letting me know! :)

Bravo is a Doppelmayr circa 1995. Northridge is a Leitner-Poma circa 1990. It was the original Green Mountain Express, then moved to it's current location by Doppelmayr in 1995. Doppelmayr messed things up, and I believe Poma had to come back in and make some repairs. It has been fine, overall. Last year's issues were not a result of bad programming or a rebellious programmer. Different issues than are currently experienced at Bravo.

BushMogulMaster
12-17-2008, 12:39 PM

True, but Doppelmayr relocated it in '95 and messed it up. I believe that Poma un-messed it up in 2002. Those are very technical terms mind you :wink:

You must have posted as I started to write my previous response!

summitchallenger
12-17-2008, 12:44 PM

Yep, same time.

Have you heard the relocation story? Apparently, when Doppelmayr moved it, they did the work and when they were done, they came into the Mountain Operations office with a box full of parts and said, "um, we don't know where these go, so here you go."

BushMogulMaster
12-17-2008, 12:49 PM

Yep, same time.

Have you heard the relocation story? Apparently, when Doppelmayr moved it, they did the work and when they were done, they came into the Mountain Operations office with a box full of parts and said, "um, we don't know where these go, so here you go."

:lol:

Wouldn't surprise me. Although I think they also caused some fairly major problems with tower and sheave assembly alignment that Poma had to completely rework.

I've had some bad experiences with Doppelmayr, including some of their employees. Not to mention those DT-104 and 108 grips! Don't get me started....

If it's not a European Dopp, I don't like it.

HowieT2
12-18-2008, 11:08 AM
Speaking of Doppelmyer, did you see what happened in Whistler. Not good.

win
12-18-2008, 11:11 AM
Inspector didn't come yesterday but is coming today. Will let you know later!

BushMogulMaster
12-18-2008, 12:43 PM
Speaking of Doppelmyer, did you see what happened in Whistler. Not good.

Fortunately, that incident had nothing to do with the manufacturer. It was ice jacking, caused by water buildup in the tower. The water froze and broke the weld at the flange connecting that top & bottom sections of tower.

mattlucas
12-18-2008, 01:43 PM
that accident was terrifying, very glad the victims escaped with little more than bruises...

boze
12-18-2008, 10:10 PM
Inspector didn't come yesterday but is coming today. Will let you know later!

All good?

vonski
12-18-2008, 11:09 PM
not sure, the website is not showing it as running tomorrow!! So not to disappointed as work is keeping me away! But for those going enjoy!!

BushBumpGirl
12-19-2008, 08:11 AM
cricket...cricket... anything??

bumpcrasher
12-19-2008, 09:46 AM
Bueller...Bueller...Anyone...Anyone?

MntMan4Bush
12-19-2008, 11:22 AM
In 1930, the Republican-controlled House of Representatives, in an effort to alleviate the effects of the... .........Anyone? ..............Anyone?...

the Great Depression, passed the............ Anyone? ...............Anyone?

The tariff bill? The Hawley-Smoot Tariff Act? Which, anyone? Raised or lowered?... Anyone............Raised or lowered?? ....Anyone.........Anyone............?

raised tariffs, in an effort to collect more revenue for the federal government.

Anyone??? anyone?? The North Ridge chair will or will not be open this weekend?? Anyone.............Anyone...........

Sorry. Couldn't resist. I love a good Ferris Bueller quote.

summitchallenger
12-19-2008, 11:24 AM
The whole Mount Ellen area is closed, pending an official inspection by Inspector Summitchallenger. Stay away.... :wink:

http://media-2.web.britannica.com/eb-media/59/66059-004-23D0A191.jpg

summitchallenger
12-19-2008, 12:33 PM
Despite what some say, (http://www.sugarbush.com/snow-trails-conditions/live-mountain-update), I have placed Mount Ellen on "Powder Quarantine" pending my official inspection, as general counsel, and as well as an assessment by my medical expert tomorrow.

Friday, December 19th at 11:28 a.m.
Northridge Express Chair, and 'Black Diamond' trail now part of 10 lifts and 97 trails open!

(Not just) Another Day...another inch...and another Mountain!

:wink:

freeheel_skier
12-19-2008, 01:03 PM
As of 11am the sno-phone was reporting the NR open!

BushMogulMaster
12-19-2008, 03:00 PM
Northridge opened around 11:00AM, all inspected and ready to go. And the skiing was phenomenal! TR & pix to come soon. Oh yeah, I love this mountain!

win
12-19-2008, 03:49 PM
Sorry about NR not opening until 11am. We got stood up again yesterday by the State Tram inspector, and he did not come until this morning. That was the reason for the delay.