PDA

View Full Version : Woods update anyone?

Hardbooter
12-12-2008, 02:43 PM
Does anyone know how much base we lost in the woods with the r*in between snow storms?

Anyone been in there today?

boze
12-13-2008, 05:48 PM
Does anyone know how much base we lost in the woods with the r*in between snow storms?

Base in the woods held up admirably. In fact I rarely had an issue other than some of those larger terrain features. There's a crust but it's thinner at certain elevations - like the mids. There's some fine snow awaiting under there.

HowieT2
12-13-2008, 06:19 PM

Base in the woods held up admirably. In fact I rarely had an issue other than some of those larger terrain features. There's a crust but it's thinner at certain elevations - like the mids. There's some fine snow awaiting under there.

I'll second that. There is a nice amount of good snow in there. The crust was very thin and breakable. Where it was pre broken the conditions were sweet.

castlerock
12-14-2008, 03:14 AM
Well I guess you can give your own review after today.
Not bad considering....
BTW, That was Walks and myself, who were the subjects of Treeskier's camera, sorry we didn't introduce ourselves.

vonski
12-14-2008, 10:13 PM
My son (10) and I skied Cat's Paw on Saturday. It was nice still very fresh!

Treeskier
12-15-2008, 08:01 AM
Woods where interesting this weekend. Upper MT had a varying degree of crust with ~7" of granular snow underneath. Then lots of debris!!! Quite dangerous right now. Lower MT especially Gate House did not have a crust. But Sleeper woods was very very bony. Taking a lesson from Mad River it would be nice in Deeper Sleeper to put hay over the rocks in the fall. If we were to do that over the years they would cover over like Mad River's Lynx and moss would soon grow on them.

My choice of woods for last weekend was Eden. Very playful, not much crust and one of the best maintained. One note though. With the curved MT biking wood obstacle/run 3/4 the way down and being quickly snowed hidden I would suggest that since a ski(s) can get lodged below making for a nasty accident, it should be marked. Boo'ed off.

So in conclusion the woods are getting close but not quite there.