PDA

View Full Version : Friday ski conditions?

happygirl
12-12-2008, 10:14 AM
How is the snow today? Killington is saying wet snow. Is it any better than K?

boze
12-12-2008, 10:34 AM
SB's web site graphic indicating "mixed" at 1030a
MRG's cams are both iced over
Norm's weather page reporting 8" new snow, and his cam shows nice small flakes falling with some vigor
Finger's crossed...

happygirl
12-12-2008, 10:42 AM
Thanks Boze.

boze
12-12-2008, 11:13 AM
my pleasure, HG

Norm's weather cam looks across the mid-valley towards SB/ME/MRG
I like to visit when I'm stuck in the flatlands of Southern CT
http://www.madriverweather.com:8888/view/index.shtml

Plowboy
12-12-2008, 11:28 AM
8" dense snow @ 5 am, rain and freezing rain 6 am to 10:30 am. Crusty, back to snow @ 10:45 and temps dropping. That's a plow report , not a mountain report. :D :D

arc1
12-12-2008, 12:26 PM
Just got off the hill. Bravo still down, HG on wind hold, CR spinning. Crusty this morning but getting really nice now as it gets skied in.

summitchallenger
12-12-2008, 12:31 PM
Just got off the hill. Bravo still down, HG on wind hold, CR spinning. Crusty this morning but getting really nice now as it gets skied in.

So if Bravo is down, how are people getting to CR?

arc1
12-12-2008, 12:41 PM

So if Bravo is down, how are people getting to CR?

Reverse traverse from VH

lane meyer
12-12-2008, 06:35 PM

Pretty sweet today. There was a thin crust you could break right through and once people broke it up everything was skiing great.

boze
12-13-2008, 05:54 PM

Pretty sweet today. There was a thin crust you could break right through and once people broke it up everything was skiing great.

ibid

e.g., Birdland took some effort before 1030, then was delicious for hours...

HowieT2
12-13-2008, 06:25 PM

ibid

e.g., Birdland took some effort before 1030, then was delicious for hours...

Birdland was an adventure at 8:05 but fine once it got skied in. Pick of the day was domino which plenty of snow and no crust.

What was the deal with North Lynx being closed?

saw the new CRP for the first time and it looks great. The new room is just what the doctor (Tin?) ordered and makes it feel so much bigger. the fireplace is cool.

summitchallenger
12-13-2008, 08:43 PM
A good day. Bravo closing, not so good. OG was mint...wow, that snow set up well. Castlerock was good....a bit skied out, but good. Twist was not bad. Hot Shot/Waterfall was great as well...nice snow. Deeper Sleeper was open (?) but it was really, really thin and quite bad. I'm not sure why North Lynx was a no go. That looked good from my vantage...

Strat
12-13-2008, 09:22 PM
I'm pretty sure patrol is no longer opening/closing designated woods areas except after 3 pm sweeps... I may be wrong though...