PDA

View Full Version : Fire Pit

jwt
12-08-2008, 12:48 PM
Saw the nice grill and deck being built adjacent to SB chair. There were some stones covered with snow between the ski racks and the deck. Is that a potential fire pit?

On a cold and snowy day ( and any other besides 90 degrees) there is NOTHING that adds to the atmosphere of being outside in winter like a fire pit to gather around. Or just smell.

Wouldn't cost much at all, and skiing and Vermont and fire all go together so well.

The small details like that are so helpful to creating a truly Vermont ski experience, I think we loose out without an outdoor fire.

And if there is an environmental aspect to it - well, the number of people getting benefit from it far outweighs the smoke factor. Even a temporary one will bear that out.

ME has the base lodge one, Allyns has the one inside it, they are always packed around them. Imagine one outside where you can take your hot drink and not have to sit inside the lodge to warm the hands? And therefore not have over crowding in there? One next to Waffle cabin and another near the deck, one by Glen House too!

We have one each Sat night at our house of 10-20 skiers - the outdoor pit always has 5 or 6 of us around it. It is just a great center piece to make the place inviting IMHO.

Finally, look at Flatbread - beers,wine, happy chatter, even on the coldest nights, those fire pits have a certain charm.

Something from a loyal 27 year customer to chew on. . . . . . . . . . .

summitchallenger
12-08-2008, 01:25 PM
Yes, that is an outside fireplace. Check the website for more info...part of the lodge upgrade.

ski_resort_observer
12-08-2008, 05:46 PM
The fireplace in the expanded CRP is made out of riverrock. looks pretty awesome...won't be long now.

jwt
12-09-2008, 11:40 AM
sro, sc,

Inside? That will be welcome on the pub, but I was reffering to the outside, but not the stone grill for the deck at GH. SC you mentioned a fireplace - are you referring to the BBQ or an actual outdoor fire pit?

summitchallenger
12-09-2008, 12:51 PM
sro, sc,

Inside? That will be welcome on the pub, but I was reffering to the outside, but not the stone grill for the deck at GH. SC you mentioned a fireplace - are you referring to the BBQ or an actual outdoor fire pit?

We are talking about the same thing. It is the outside thing-a-ma-bob that they are building. Fireplace, firepit, pile of rock, whatever you want to call it, it will be a place for holding fires.

HowieT2
12-09-2008, 01:10 PM
sro, sc,

We are talking about the same thing. It is the outside thing-a-ma-bob that they are building. Fireplace, firepit, pile of rock, whatever you want to call it, it will be a place for holding fires.

I believe in addition to the fire pit and grill which are to be outside, there is a gas fireplace in the new part of the CRP.

jwt
12-09-2008, 02:03 PM
SC Said:" We are talking about the same thing. It is the outside thing-a-ma-bob that they are building. Fireplace, firepit, pile of rock, whatever you want to call it, it will be a place for holding fires."

Hope you are right, but that tan stone thing is a grill for BBQ, not an open fire, as far as I can see. They have electrical outlets wired and a gas line to it.

I was referring to a small round ring of snow covered stones near that 'thing-a-ma-bob' - you must too have kids who liked Ariel - the mermaid!

summitchallenger
12-09-2008, 02:12 PM
SC Said:" We are talking about the same thing. It is the outside thing-a-ma-bob that they are building. Fireplace, firepit, pile of rock, whatever you want to call it, it will be a place for holding fires."

Hope you are right, but that tan stone thing is a grill for BBQ, not an open fire, as far as I can see. They have electrical outlets wired and a gas line to it.

I was referring to a small round ring of snow covered stones near that 'thing-a-ma-bob' - you must too have kids who liked Ariel - the mermaid!

I don't have kids but just was trying to remove terms. Yes, there is plans for at least one firepit...outside that is. I was referring to the grill/cooking area outside on the patio. I guess you were referring to another pile of rocks. :wink: IIRC the artist's impression does show a firepit somewhere down there for people to go and warmup at. But to be honest in my years skiing in Vermont and being born and raised in Vermont, when we are cold we don't stand outside around a fire, we go inside to warm up! :lol:

ski_resort_observer
12-09-2008, 02:53 PM
The pile of rocks your referring to were rocks that were removed from the retaining wall to make way for the construction. I was told these rocks might be used for an outdoor firepit.

The fireplace in CRP is actually not riverrock but flatrock, still looks awesome. :D

jwt
12-15-2008, 08:55 AM
Fire pit is in! Talk about reponse time to customer inquiries! Just happen to see Mssr. Smith in Allyns Saturday, got a chance to thank him for putting it in, says there is another one in the works too!
Told him the 'fake breakdown' of Bravo for 20 mins Sat was a brilliant move to get Gatehouse skied in - which it did - he laughed.

He asked me to venture into Castlerock Pub to check it out - real nice stone fireplace and stone bar along south wall. Nice space. Families in the booths - don't know where they got the food - probably upstairs - all nice. I never end up there due to crowds, but I met four friends in there all drinking Newcastle - that's all I need!

The location of the pther pit? Don't know. . . . . now if we can get them lit. . . . . . . . . . . .

Yard Sale
12-15-2008, 10:34 AM
Fire pit is in! Talk about reponse time to customer inquiries! Just happen to see Mssr. Smith in Allyns Saturday, got a chance to thank him for putting it in, says there is another one in the works too!
Told him the 'fake breakdown' of Bravo for 20 mins Sat was a brilliant move to get Gatehouse skied in - which it did - he laughed.

He asked me to venture into Castlerock Pub to check it out - real nice stone fireplace and stone bar along south wall. Nice space. Families in the booths - don't know where they got the food - probably upstairs - all nice. I never end up there due to crowds, but I met four friends in there all drinking Newcastle - that's all I need!

The location of the pther pit? Don't know. . . . . now if we can get them lit. . . . . . . . . . . .

It was lit Saturday eveving.

summitchallenger
12-18-2008, 09:38 AM
And the fire pit:

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v1477/35/104/744459666/n744459666_1140288_8398.jpg

This is what you were talking about I think...........