PDA

View Full Version : Bathroom shelf..

Last Tracks
12-08-2008, 11:06 AM
just a little thing but I miss the glove shelf above the urinals in the men's room... only have 2 hands!

summitchallenger
12-08-2008, 11:16 AM
just a little thing but I miss the glove shelf above the urinals in the men's room... only have 2 hands!

I noticed that as well....wonder why it is gone and if it will return. :?:

vonski
12-08-2008, 11:22 AM
They do need to come up with some baskets or something. I think the new/old shelf was a fancy but poor design. That thing was solid and obviously the wall anchors were not enough to hold it in place.

John Walden
12-08-2008, 11:35 AM
I used to hit my head on the shelf; but the baskets are required now or you will be dropping your gloves where you don;t want them.

volklmantras
12-08-2008, 12:16 PM
"I used to hit my head on the shelf"

What the? Were you crawling into the urinal??

Dawn Patrol
12-08-2008, 12:31 PM
Seriously.. If you lack the coordination to hold your gloves whilst standing at the urinal, I don't understand how you'd expect to be able to ski...

HowieT2
12-08-2008, 12:31 PM
Say it ain"t so

freeheel_skier
12-08-2008, 12:55 PM
Seriously.. If you lack the coordination to hold your gloves whilst standing at the urinal, I don't understand how you'd expect to be able to ski...

It's just nice and convienent to have a place to put your stuff. :wink:

John Walden
12-08-2008, 01:11 PM
I send me first thread in since I joined a year ago and I get bashed for stating " I hit my head on the shelf" in the urinal. You guys are tough; I m outa here.

Dawn Patrol
12-08-2008, 01:15 PM
I send me first thread in since I joined a year ago and I get bashed for stating " I hit my head on the shelf" in the urinal. You guys are tough; I m outa here.

I'm sure it was all in good fun man... Lighten up, this forum is pretty civilized compared to most, little joshing here and there never hurt anyone.

Yard Sale
12-08-2008, 01:18 PM

I'm sure it was all in good fun man... Lighten up, this forum is pretty civilized compared to most, little joshing here and there never hurt anyone.

Another example of how important it is to wear a helmet :wink:

shadyjay
12-08-2008, 01:38 PM
Hey folks - don't laugh - I hit my head on that shelf last year! :D

John Walden
12-08-2008, 01:41 PM
See, I not the only one. If you are over six feet tall, it was an issue. I feel better now.

vonski
12-08-2008, 01:51 PM
I personally like something for my gloves and helmet as well. Having my gloves hang off my wrists does not work they can swing in the way, My head is usually sweating from my helmet and the last thing I want is it on while going. Also layers on a cold day make it difficult to get through without dropping one's gloves. And the floor is never clean near any man's urinal. :shock: :lol:

Strat
12-08-2008, 02:07 PM
Maybe they should make them perpendicular to the wall (parallel to the dividers between the urinals) instead of on the wall? You'd have to watch your head a bit more when walking around in the general area, but it wouldn't be an issue whilst urinating...

shadyjay
12-08-2008, 02:30 PM
See, I not the only one. If you are over six feet tall, it was an issue. I feel better now.

I'm not 6' tall and I still hit my head!

Hardbooter
12-08-2008, 05:56 PM
I think it's pretty critical that they put that shelf (or some substitute) back where it was. Personally, I get very hot when I'm skiing. I get hot enough that I rarely go inside. As soon as I step inside I have to shed my hemet, balaclava, goggles, my pack and my gloves since it's a lot harder to get that stuff off with gloves on my hands. Often I'll take off another layer just to manage the heat. I generally avoid the lodge except for lunch since it's a royal pain for me. Without the shelf it would be completely impractical. Of course, there are some rarely mentioned benefits to skiing in the woods...

I can only assume that the shelf removal was temporary and they will put it back when the construction is complete. On that subject, does anyone know when the CR pub will open again? What about that fire pit. Isn't it time to fire it up?

Maybe the removed the shelf just to fill up some space in the chat room. Hey, it's not as if they're going to groom Lift Line or anything. Are they?

freeheel_skier
12-08-2008, 07:19 PM
Hey, it's not as if they're going to groom Lift Line or anything. Are they?

I hope not! I think that topic was "shelved" :lol:

Lostone
12-08-2008, 08:15 PM
The expected opening of the Castlerock Pub is... This weekend!

Final furnishings aren't ready yet, but we're expecting it to open to standing room only, so... :wink:

skiladi
12-08-2008, 08:21 PM
:worthless:

win
12-08-2008, 08:22 PM
A new one will be in shortly. In the works!

HowieT2
12-08-2008, 08:55 PM
A new one will be in shortly. In the works!

Sweet. All is well in the universe.

Tin Woodsman
12-08-2008, 08:56 PM
The expected opening of the Castlerock Pub is... This weekend!

Final furnishings aren't ready yet, but we're expecting it to open to standing room only, so... :wink:

Yeah mr. low stone. You've been delinquent with your picture posting on this subject.

aejkb
12-08-2008, 09:10 PM
The shelf needs to be reinstalled on a long wood cleat that is anchored into the wall first.

Hardbooter
12-08-2008, 09:39 PM
Make sure to put padding on the bottom of the shelf.

Hawk
12-09-2008, 07:50 AM
Ya, I liked the shelf also. The problem was that it was made of bent steel and was heavy. It looked like it was installed with the wrong hardware for it's weight. I think they used toggles instead of installing heavy blocking in the wall and lag bolts. The result was that the thing was pulling out of the wall. Maybe it will return when they get a chance.

vonski
12-15-2008, 07:34 AM
Alright, I was wondering if we should start a poll on how long the new shelf will last. It seems a bit higher, tried to hit my head on it and one still can. Kept my helmet on! Not to found of it. Weakly attached and the edge is really thin. So, now when you do bang your head it is on that thin edge. Looks pretty, but still not good in my opinion.

Lostone
12-15-2008, 08:35 AM
I like it.

I always go for the wood look. Much better than the angle iron of the last one.

There is no height that could be good for everyone, but... Where eles are you looking? :lol:

vonski
12-15-2008, 10:06 AM
The wood is pretty, but those angle brackets with just one screw in each one does the whole design no justice!

HowieT2
12-15-2008, 11:06 AM
Thanks for jinxing me. I had never hit my head on the old shelf but sure enough on sunday I banged into the new one. At least I got a laugh out of it