PDA

View Full Version : gate house???

djd66
12-05-2008, 09:36 PM
Just got up, hpping to take the little ones out for some easy turns - any chance gatehouse or village double will be coming on-line anytime soon?

Lostone
12-05-2008, 10:14 PM
Very doubtful. If things work well, maybe next weekend, but there is nothing happening over there, above the base area.

I'm sure they're itching to get over there.

Yard Sale
12-05-2008, 10:44 PM
Blazer programs start next weekend. I'm guessing Gate House will be turning next Saturday.

Hawk
12-06-2008, 08:35 AM
I saw a fan gun cranking at the magic carpet last night. That's a start.

slatham
12-06-2008, 09:10 AM
Wow, I just logged in to ask the same question. :shock: I am very surprised that with all the cold temps, snow (enough to open Steins but not a flat beginner trail?) and limited acreage that they'd at least get the Village Lift and Magic Carpet open. Even more surprising when you consider the focus is LP due to Clay Brook, and Clay Brook is families, and families have little one's who think even Spring Fling is too steep. Are there issues with snowmaking and/or lifts on that side of the Hill?

Anyway, as I continue to maintain, Win and team doing an awesome job, but I am curious about the lack of activity in the Gatehouse area.

Think Snow! :D

Strat
12-06-2008, 01:03 PM
Probably has something to do with the Gatehouse/Village Chair pod's different exposure and slightly lower elevation... they'll certainly gear that stuff up towards Christmas but right now I think the priority is more toward getting the intermediates and experts a healthy amount of terrain, since (I'd assume) that the proportion of people at that level that are coming out right now is much higher than those that are looking for Gatehouse level stuff...

Lostone
12-06-2008, 01:07 PM
1) The fan was a little to the left of the magic carpet. Just to the right of Gatehouse. Making a ton of really nice feeling snow.

http://forums.skimrv.com/albums/album38/tIMG_2757.jpg

http://forums.skimrv.com/albums/album38/tIMG_2758.jpg

B) Temps have been a lot warmer at the bottom than at Stein's. Even with a few cold days, those trails have been having trouble freezing. (I walk across them.)

III) As of today, guns all the way up First Time and at least at the bottom of Easy Rider. Moving along. :wink:

ski_resort_observer
12-06-2008, 02:07 PM
The focus right now is next weekend, the Bush's 50th birthday weekend. Pretty special. Just like any big birthday party whether it's your child's first birthday or the Bush's half century, the host wants to put on it's best showing that is humanly possible and that includes the most quality, not quantity, of terrain mother nature will allow us to offer. Have alittle faith and paitence. It's gonna be awesome.

I think everyone in here is well aware that Win likes to throw out a few surprises every season and this season will be no exception. IMHOO.

Hardbooter
12-07-2008, 11:13 PM
Wow, I love that fan gun. I saw it running by the magic carpet. It looks like it covers a pretty big area. I'd love to see that deployed in places like the top of domino that gets thin and scraped or the entrance to castlerock. If they blow a big whale on the way to castlerock in mid winter they might be able to push or shovel the snow over the bridge to the exit area when it gets thin at the end of the season.

http://forums.skimrv.com/albums/album38/tIMG_2758.jpg

chuck
12-09-2008, 09:50 AM
I know it's early in the week, yet does anyone have any inside scoop on beginner terrain for the upcoming weekend? I'm bringing up some beginners for the weekend hoping Easy Rider might be available.....

Hardbooter
12-09-2008, 09:54 AM
My guess is that some or all of it will be open since they have been blowing snow on those runs and a lot of mountain programs start this weekend. I don't work for the mountain so I can't tell you definitively.

summitchallenger
12-09-2008, 10:02 AM
Any update as to Gatehouse opening this weekend? Yes? No?

castlerock
12-09-2008, 06:32 PM
Blazers start this weekend and Castlerock is even open