PDA

View Full Version : Win Smith speaks at Merrill Lynch shareholder mting 12/5/08

Dellwood
12-05-2008, 03:31 PM
Someone with more technology skills than me should post Win Smith’s words spoken today before the Merrill Lynch shareholders meeting voting on the merger with Bank of America.
Straight talk, heart felt, eloquent and true are a few of the words that come to mind. Well done.

Last Tracks
12-05-2008, 06:37 PM
Merrill Lynch Pierce Fenner & Smith

RIP

1914 - 2008

text of speech

http://dealbreaker.com/images/thumbs/RateLab%20A%20Proper%20Eulogy.pdf

Shorty Anvil
12-05-2008, 09:02 PM
sorry, did not see those other posts before mine. But it came from the heart.

Lostone
12-05-2008, 09:19 PM
Not a problem at all. Just easier to have the same subject in the same thread. 8)

Ridgeline
12-06-2008, 01:41 AM
Win's Word has always been honest and straight forward on the Sugarbush Web site. He has always talked the talk, but more importantly he has walked the walk, so it is no surprise to see more of the same at the shareholders meeting.

Now if we could get a Congressman or Senator to stand up and be as courageous as Win and point out that Barney Frank and Chris Dodd were part of the problem with the mortgage meltdown at FNMA & FHLMC and should not be part of the solution. I will stop here because of politics....yada...yada.....yada......

.... "we are from the government and we are here to help"

Yard Sale
12-06-2008, 07:37 AM
Win's Word has always been honest and straight forward on the Sugarbush Web site. He has always talked the talk, but more importantly he has walked the walk, so it is no surprise to see more of the same at the shareholders meeting.

Now if we could get a Congressman or Senator to stand up and be as courageous as Win and point out that Barney Frank and Chris Dodd were part of the problem with the mortgage meltdown at FNMA & FHLMC and should not be part of the solution. I will stop here because of politics....yada...yada.....yada......

.... "we are from the government and we are here to help"

Amen.

Lostone
12-06-2008, 07:47 AM
Moderator note: Please refrain from politics.

Yard Sale
12-06-2008, 08:53 AM
Moderator note: Please refrain from politics.

Amen.

vonski
12-08-2008, 11:57 AM
It was interesting to see the nice comments about John Thain in Win's speech. I wonder if he still thinks so highly about him when he still wants a 10 million bonus this year. http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081208/bs_nm/us_merrill_bonus. I will only support the bonus, If he will give it to Sugarbush for more pump capacity and fan guns. :roll: :lol:

John Walden
12-08-2008, 02:07 PM
Kudos to Win once again. I have witnessed three previous owners here at Sugarbush over the past 25 years and Win is way out in front of any of them. From the owners of May Tag To ASC (Les Meant Nothing), Win is a breathe of fresh air. I do remember the power outage as we were with friends on the North Ridge chair went it went out. On our way back to Lincoln Peak we noticed Win directing traffic while his team plowed out GMP's site on German Flats Rd. Where was GMP? I hope they made good to the mountain for that day.