PDA

View Full Version : Re: news article

HowieT2
12-05-2008, 08:13 AM
From today's NYTimes.

http://travel.nytimes.com/2008/12/05/travel/escapes/05ski.html

Note that a ling to a guide they did 2 years ago didn't even mention SB.

Strat
12-05-2008, 10:17 AM
"If you delight in the snowboarding ban at Deer Valley in Utah — a touchy subject in most parts — you will be comforted to know that a snowboarding prohibition is not controversial at Mad River Glen, where a repeal of the ban never even comes to a vote."
False... decent article, though I'm not sure they quite captured the "feel" of the resorts as well as they could have...

kcyanks1
12-05-2008, 10:49 AM
"If you delight in the snowboarding ban at Deer Valley in Utah — a touchy subject in most parts — you will be comforted to know that a snowboarding prohibition is not controversial at Mad River Glen, where a repeal of the ban never even comes to a vote."
False... decent article, though I'm not sure they quite captured the "feel" of the resorts as well as they could have...

I don't want to get into that debate here, but I don't think the bolded part is false. I believe Eric Friedman once stated on AZ that the ban has NOT come to a vote. It might be raised, but there is some procedure before it is formally voted on beyond being simply raised. It is, of course, false that the "prohibition is not controversial" :-)

ski_resort_observer
12-05-2008, 10:56 AM

I don't want to get into that debate here, but I don't think the bolded part is false. I believe Eric Friedman once stated on AZ that the ban has NOT come to a vote. It might be raised, but there is some procedure before it is formally voted on beyond being simply raised. It is, of course, false that the "prohibition is not controversial" :-)

Fun fact - Eric is a snowboarder.

Strat
12-05-2008, 12:30 PM
I'm not going to dig up an article supporting this, but I'm quite sure that the issue has come up for vote at shareholder meetings before... anyone else who can back this up?