PDA

View Full Version : Mad River Crust?

Treeskier
11-26-2008, 03:28 PM
Mad River is claiming a crust : The mountain ops team carefully assessed the situation this morning and we have decided not to open for the season this weekend. We were close but alas, no cigar! We picked up a solid 2 feet plus this week. We did see rain all the way up to the top of the mountain last night and there is a crust of varying thickness everywhere. High winds scoured the top of the mountain and left varying amounts of snow on the trails. Because of open water bars and unfrozen ground we would not have been able to groom. It was decided that leaving the snow pack alone to set up would be the most prudent course at this point in time.

What have people experienced? I am glad to hear we are open.....should Mad River be open also? Are they now being wimpy? Have the rolls of opening under marginal conditions swapped between mountains? Or is the top so wind scoured that the fact they do not have summit snow making they could not open.

Hardbooter
11-26-2008, 03:37 PM
They're just pussys.

(actually, they're probably exposed to more wind coming over the app gap or something.)

win
11-26-2008, 04:34 PM
Give my friends at MRG a break. The crust at The Bush is great. MRG will have its day soon, and we wish them a great season too! One of the reasons Life is Better In the MRV is that is has two two two ski areas in one! Anybody remember that this paraphased jingle? I think is first came out in the Mascara Mountain days!

Happy Thanksgiving all!

mattlucas
11-26-2008, 10:15 PM
hmm shouldn't this be on the mad river board? oh wait.....

maybe win just said it best

"Life is Better In the MRV is that is has two two two ski areas in one! "

one board! conversation will increase i swear

KingM
11-30-2008, 02:43 PM
This is very true. While most of our guests are coming to ski Sugarbush, I'd say 1/4 of them choose the MRV as their base because they can also take a day off to ski Mad River. The two resorts are great compliments to each other.

Lostone
12-01-2008, 08:17 PM
hmm shouldn't this be on the mad river board?

Yep :wink:

Just doing a little house cleaning. 8)