PDA

View Full Version : spillsville

vonski
11-26-2008, 11:31 AM
The website is reporting that Spillsvill has opened. Yippie! Rip cord has the guns on. and the snow report indicates several more trails may come on line today. Stoked for some sweet Turkey day turns!!! :D

MntMan4Bush
11-26-2008, 11:56 AM
Now THAT"S what I'm talking about!! Nice.

vonski
11-26-2008, 12:02 PM
The ropes have fallen. 18 trails. Birdland, murphys, lower jester, domino, steins, mall, lower grinder. to name a few. STOKED!!!!! Now that is what I am talking about. Gotta love the BUSH. Thank you mother nature and the #$$@^@@ with Capacity. WE GOT NATURAL!!!! :D

shadyjay
11-26-2008, 02:05 PM
See? Now we can all stop complaining about Deathspout!!!
Now lets just hang on to the cold and snow for another 5-6 months and we all'll be happy.
But as long as there's at least one route open... I can't complain...

win
11-26-2008, 03:04 PM
Spillsville was the trail of the day, but I also have to say that I really enjoyed Birdland, Murphy's and Stein's too. This was the earliest I have ever skied an opened Stein's. And Spring Fling was really nice too! No, it's not open yet. I went out with Patrol this morning to assess trails. Upper Snowball was too funky to open. Sun must have hit it early, but The Fling was great. So we are going to foot pack a swatch tomorrow on Upper Snowball and try to get Twist, Moonshine open as well. Patrol is also hiking over to The Rock to assess it, so stay tuned. No promises, but would it be nice to ski or ride The Rock in November?

Happy Thanksgiving!

Tin Woodsman
11-26-2008, 03:24 PM
Spillsville was the trail of the day, but I also have to say that I really enjoyed Birdland, Murphy's and Stein's too. This was the earliest I have ever skied an opened Stein's. And Spring Fling was really nice too! No, it's not open yet. I went out with Patrol this morning to assess trails. Upper Snowball was too funky to open. Sun must have hit it early, but The Fling was great. So we are going to foot pack a swatch tomorrow on Upper Snowball and try to get Twist, Moonshine open as well. Patrol is also hiking over to The Rock to assess it, so stay tuned. No promises, but would it be nice to ski or ride The Rock in November?

Happy Thanksgiving!

That's what I'm talkin' about.

Did someone mention capacity issues?

shadyjay
11-26-2008, 05:06 PM
One word.... phenominal news (really two words)...
All Monday during my drive to CT I was worried that the r@!# would ruin what was a great opening weekend. So I spent most of Tuesday at the computer watching the rain/snow line. Now I see the trail reports climbing... because of natural snow. Hopefully it'll last till next Mon or Tues when I come home and get to ride again. Looks like off-and-on snow showers for the next week or so.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Jay

2Plankerider
11-26-2008, 05:15 PM
upon reading this, i could hear the bad vibes getting sucked out of the room. it also occured to me that i indeed should have blown off my responsibilities today and hit the hill.
stoopid work.
Castlerock in November?

uuuuuummmmm. yes please.

Tin Woodsman
11-26-2008, 10:06 PM
Trivia time: When was the last time Castlerock was open in November?

jwt
11-26-2008, 10:09 PM
I'll take a shot Tin - never before - ( officially)

ski_resort_observer
11-26-2008, 10:41 PM
I think it was circa 98 when we got a huge dump in early November, we were either open 70%( meaning no Castlerock) at south or 100%, not sure or maybe we were 100% at north....:lol:. Anyway that year would be one slim possibility. Plowboy has a better memory than me but he's probably...you know...plowing. :lol:

The ironic thing about that season is the weather turned warm with r*** and we tried to hang on but closed the mountain the day before Thanksgiving. Alot of folks got $500 vouchers for the Canyons that weekend. :oops:

shadyjay
11-27-2008, 12:19 AM
I seem to remember last year had a very long season at the 'Rock, opening... what was it... first weekend in Dec and open until mid/late April? Not bad for a section of the mtn that relys 100% on natural snow. If this is the result of global warming... I'm all for it! If not... I don't want to hear another word about (1) climate change ... (2) the DTV transition.
Good night and good luck...

Happy Thanksgiving

Lostone
11-27-2008, 10:13 PM
Just throwing them up quickly...

Spillsville, 11/26:

http://forums.skimrv.com/albums/Skiing_08-09/tIMG_2702.jpg

http://forums.skimrv.com/albums/Skiing_08-09/tIMG_2711.jpg

http://forums.skimrv.com/albums/Skiing_08-09/tIMG_2715.jpg

More here: (http://forums.skimrv.com/modules.php?set_albumName=Skiing_08-09&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php)