PDA

View Full Version : Today

Dawn Patrol
11-25-2008, 08:48 AM
Whats going on up there? Sugarbush is reporting snow. Is there a chance this could stay all white?!?!?!! :D :) 8)

gone.skiing
11-25-2008, 09:27 AM
Not a local update, but this gives hope... They are probably all out skiing before it gets too warm. :D

http://pro.accuweather.com/nx_mosaic_640x480c/sir/inmasirnh_.gif

freeheel_skier
11-25-2008, 09:41 AM
Raining right now. Been raining since 6:30 :(

Plowboy
11-25-2008, 09:41 AM
5" to 6" wet snow here near the base of ME. Mix of snow and rain now.

summitchallenger
11-25-2008, 09:44 AM
Rain in Rutland and in the Route 7 corridor.

Hawk
11-25-2008, 10:06 AM

I have to say we are looking great so far this year. The ground had a chance to freeze up last week which is a plus. We had a good accumulation of snow this weekend and this new cement we have now gives us the base we need. The next good snowfall will be very interesting. :wink:

Hawk
11-25-2008, 10:53 AM
Just got a cell phone call from on the hill. 8" at the top of Bravo and still snowing at 10:45. HG on wind hold.

freeheel_skier
11-25-2008, 01:15 PM
Just got a cell phone call from on the hill. 8" at the top of Bravo and still snowing at 10:45. HG on wind hold.

Yes. I was suprised to see that it was snowing when I got to the mountain. Having lunch right now and may head back out. It is a wet snow. Good times :D

Tin Woodsman
11-25-2008, 01:24 PM

I have to say we are looking great so far this year. The ground had a chance to freeze up last week which is a plus. We had a good accumulation of snow this weekend and this new cement we have now gives us the base we need. The next good snowfall will be very interesting. :wink:

Couldn't agree more.

Combined with the call you got, that's very encouraging.

Any mid-afternoon updates from mid or summit?

atkinson
11-25-2008, 01:35 PM
It is completely dumping down to about 1000'. No rain on the hill yet and the snow line is dropping. Looks like snow through Sunday too.

Powder alerts all week!

John

Hardbooter
11-25-2008, 01:51 PM
Is any new terrain opening up?

vonski
11-25-2008, 02:20 PM
let's hope for some more terrain. Hopefully patrol will do the excellent work that they do and make some bridges or cross over points on the water bars on lower Ripcord. I can still imagine the headwall will be closed, but at least Spillsville and the rest of Rip should be able to get open especially if the snow is heavy and dense. Patrol did a great job last year with the water bars and I really enjoyed shaving off the pine bows that were sticking through the snow when Rip and Spillsville opened last year. Hopefully the early bootpack on Paradise will allow upper Paradise to get open as well.

Also lets forget snowball and springfling as they will take longer to get open lets hope they move the guns to Birdland and lower jester/lower grinder and lets get another way down Bravo open especially if it is quicker than doing snowball and springfling. Birdland was holding great snow this last weekend and it certainly should not take that much more to get it open.

gone.skiing
11-25-2008, 02:24 PM
Is any new terrain opening up?

Why? Everybody is loving the runout too much. :roll:

win
11-25-2008, 03:18 PM
A lot depends on if the temperatures let the snow we got today set up. Temperatures are indicating that we should put snowmaking up high, so we will be turning on the guns on Ripcord tonight with the hope that it and Spillsville can open in a day or two. If the snow sets up lower more terrain can open fasster and we can move our snowmaking over to some other trails by the weekend. As most of you know, we are aggressive in how we open and keep open trails but safety comes first and that it totally the call of patrol - no one else including me.