PDA

View Full Version : Small Pleasures

KingM
11-22-2008, 08:46 AM
How about a thread where we list your favorite small pleasures of living in this part of Vermont. Here's one of mine: good bread.

La Panciata delivers our sliced loaves that we serve for breakfast at the inn and I eat a couple of slices of wheat toast every morning for breakfast. We also pick up a Red Hen baguette or Waitsfield Common or something at least twice a week for dinner.

I've been totally spoiled by our bread and have a hard time eating the bread when I go visit family or friends and they've got a loaf of factory-made bread to serve. :roll:

Lostone
11-22-2008, 07:17 PM
Hi. My name is Jim.

. . . (Hi Jim!)

I'm... a Red Hen, Waitsfield Common addict. I have about a third of a loaf right now. :D

castlerock
11-23-2008, 09:38 AM
It is the first thing that I cite to my flatlander friends in the benefit list of living here.

ski_resort_observer
11-26-2008, 03:30 AM
For me, it's the incredible Vermont made cheeses. While everyone knows Cabot Cheese there are 35 other cheesemakers in Vermont. I love Cabot but the cheese most recognized as the best of the best by international cheese experts is the Vermont Butter and Cheese Company outside of Barre in Websterville. They don't do much retail, Mehuron's does carry a few selections, so they don't do a big marketing thing extolling their awards like Cabot does. I eat mostly Cabot as it is the most affordable but when I want something special there are so many Vermont choices it's almost mindboggling.