PDA

View Full Version : New Idea for a Place to Party

mattlucas
11-21-2008, 10:41 AM
I believe the 19th Hole, restaurant/pub at the golf course closes in the winter. In a moment of genius this summer, I stopped by there after a typical night out for me (dinner at Egan's, one beer across the street to check out the scene) and they were open a bit later than I would have expected. Even better, the bartender and other staff were as friendly as my favorite all time lifties. Pints of Sam Adams were $4. It had a cool room with huge windows overlooking darkness, but one light on the snow during winter would really add to the vibe, like some of those back tables at ruperts.

I can already see myself thinking "This is such an awesome night, I can't wait to get up early and ski tomorrow."

Other positives:

1. The quasi remote location and awesome drive gets you psyched to have a good time.
2. Excellent room for 80ish people. You could probably even have a killer little band in the back.
3. I don't think anything else happens with it during the winter.

Possible negatives

1. Bartenders should be extra aware not to let people get out of hand if they are driving.
2. Location might mean an extra drive to push for Fri/Sat night events to draw people.
This could be a positive when you consider all the ways you can draw people: bands/djs/contests/karaoke/trivia/sporting events/dj's/poker tournaments/charity events

Finally, I should have said something this summer. Hanging out there with the golfers was probably one of the best nights I've ever had around the mountain in summer.