PDA

View Full Version : Gobble , Gobble

skiladi
11-20-2008, 09:44 PM
Which restaurants will be serving on T-day? We are up just for the day and I offered to cook a free-range chicken but Hubby wants Turkey ( no jokes , please ) ; } and I don't see that happening. So who will be open and who serves the best Turkey dinner while also having an alternative , like vegan or seafood? Will Egan's be open? I like it there.

noski
11-21-2008, 08:13 AM
I will post the T-Day schedule for all the area restaurants in a single post later this morning. That will save people making single posts. Stay Tuned!

Lostone
11-21-2008, 08:58 AM
A number of years ago, some of hte people in my ex ski club went to the Common Man, but when i was trying to remember when that was... I realized I haven't been in that club since 98... so... :oops:

At that time, there weren't many places open, as it is a "family gathering " kinda holiday.

I looked at a few places' sites, last night and didn't find any mention of any particular day. I was going to suggest you use that archaic telecommunications device you were referring to, in another post... But noski came to the rescue. :wink:

tomthumb
11-21-2008, 09:43 AM
I was leafing through the Valley Distorter this AM and did notice that the 1824 House Inn is doing Thanksgiving Dinner. The menu wasn't listed, so I'm not sure what alternatives to Turkey will be available.

Lostone
11-21-2008, 09:46 AM
That was where it was! I knew I'd seen an ad somewhere, but couldn't find it.

Thanx. That was bugging me! :roll:

skiladi
11-21-2008, 09:46 AM
A number of years ago, some of hte people in my ex ski club went to the Common Man, but when i was trying to remember when that was... I realized I haven't been in that club since 98... so... :oops:

At that time, there weren't many places open, as it is a "family gathering " kinda holiday.

I looked at a few places' sites, last night and didn't find any mention of any particular day. I was going to suggest you use that archaic telecommunications device you were referring to, in another post... But noski came to the rescue. :wink:

What are you doing for T-day? As far as family goes we did get invites from kids but I really want to ski and they understand that , since they have lived with it for 30 odd years. I'm not much into holiday stuff at all but all the grandkids can count on me for ski and board gear every year as they " grow " so let Santa do the wrapping paper thing. My youngest son (35,ouch) gave me the skiladi moniker over 20 years ago as I bought , stored , tuned and fretted over everyone's gear. ; }

skiladi
11-21-2008, 10:00 AM
I was leafing through the Valley Distorter this AM and did notice that the 1824 House Inn is doing Thanksgiving Dinner. The menu wasn't listed, so I'm not sure what alternatives to Turkey will be available.

Thanks to noski but tomthumb prompted me to go to 1824 site and the menu sounds scrumptious! I have been there twice and was not disappointed so I made my reservation. Lostone , remember me telling you about the first time I went there and kept staring at this guy and it turned out it was skibum. People look so different without the ski gear!

Lostone
11-21-2008, 10:26 AM
Yeah, but he always looks different! :lol: (He very seldom checks in here, anymore, so I can say what I want. :wink: )

I've been invited to a dinner with some locals, some whom live below me, and some of whom did.

And I noticed from the Common Man ad, that they are closed on T-day.

noski
11-21-2008, 12:24 PM
(I am still awaiting Local Folk Smokehouse and Slide Brook- I will post when I hear from them)

Open:
1824 House: noon-5pm; $36pp RESERVATIONS 496-7555
Timbers: 11:30am-3pm Buffet; $28pp, age 6-12 $14, <6 free. Reservations 583-6800
Pitcher Inn: for inn guests only
Big Picture: 7am-2pm regular cafe menu only. Restaurant closed after 2. Movies will play.
China Fun: Chinese Take Out ;)

Closed:
American Flatbread
Chez Henri
Common Man
Easy Street
Purple Moon Pub
Green Cup
Hyde Away
Egans
Terra Rossa
Millbrook
Sweetwoods
Spotted Cow

Yard Sale
11-21-2008, 01:15 PM
Closed:

Sweetwoods

I thought I heard that the Sweetwood had closed for good. Hopefully I was wrong.

noski
11-21-2008, 01:27 PM
I thought I heard that the Sweetwood had closed for good. Hopefully I was wrong. They will reopen for the season on December 5.